What's new

Replacing my starter brush

I'm replacing my Tweezerman brush and am looking for something in the range of $50. I've been looking at the Edwin Jagger Best, Vulfix 2233S, and Simpson Special. And of course I'm open to suggestions.

If it helps, I prefer soaps over creams, have a rather stiff beard and like long walks on the beach...

Cheers!

I do not have much experience, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would recommend the EJ BBB without hesitation. I have one in medium and I love it. It's not a dense brush, but I don't see this as a necessarily bad thing. I just recently received a Rooney 1/1. I was worried when ordering the Rooney that my EJ might become a display piece with the Rooney taking up much of it's time, but that's not the case. Don't get me wrong, I love the 1/1. However, I still love my EJ, just for different reasons. It has just the right amount of scritch in my opinion, offering good feel and exfoliation. You can feel it working on your face but there is no discomfort whatsoever. It works equally well with both soaps and creams and is just a great all around brush.

I haven't used the Simpson Special, but I can certainly attest for the Berkeley in Best. Same price point, and it's great with soaps. The Case also would be a viable option.

Top Bottom