This is my first brush restoration attempt. It's an old Culmak brush that I picked up as an extra in a travel set. The knot I used for the restore is a TGN 18mm best badger; I set the loft at 45mm. The knot is a little more bulb shaped than I prefer and the tips of the bristles are scritchier than Simpson's best, but I'm quite pleased with my first attempt, it's got the right sort of backbone that I was going for and makes for quite a nice face lathering brush. Generates lather in no time at all and releases it well.
Pre-bloom shot first and then after two lathers.
This is what the brush looked like originally. I cut the bristles off near the base and drilled the old knot out, then cleaned up the inside with a rotary tool. I went a bit deeper than I needed to really because I wanted to play about with the loft. Since I had gone deeper than required, I decided to use Milliput epoxy putty to set the knot. This allowed me to fill the hole to required level and set the knot in one go.