What's new

Esquire Magazines picks of Grooming Products

I tried the Malin & Goetz deodorant and was not impressed. Always made my pits feel wet and I have never had much underarm moisture before...also gave me a rash after 3 days of use. Gone back to my Adidas sport fever deod. and have never looked back.

:blink:Not too sound reactionary, but how many products are really needed.? Soap, face wash, face scrub, AS balm and moisturizer, etc. Don't get me wrong, I am a sad victim of the various ADs associated with this hobby but I find find the need for more than soap and shampoo, multiple balms, moisturizers based on whether it is the right or left cheek (take that anyway you want) being treated is more a victim of clever marketing that physiologic need.:001_rolle

Behold the power of the advertising dollar. I guarantee most of the products on that list pay money for ads in Esquire.

I used to subscribe to Esquire.
They run the same ads and "reviews" (if you can call them that) for the same products over and over again.
I just pass anything they say off now (same goes for Maxim and others) as advertising dollar sponsored.

I see they have the thermal cream, that's made a lot of lists. I've used RSC's version and that stuff is scary, washed it it right off as it self heated.

I used to subscribe to Esquire.
They run the same ads and "reviews" (if you can call them that) for the same products over and over again.
I just pass anything they say off now (same goes for Maxim and others) as advertising dollar sponsored.

It's really too bad. There was a time when Esquire was an excellent magazine. I gave up on it years ago, and I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't improved.

I see they have the thermal cream, that's made a lot of lists. I've used RSC's version and that stuff is scary, washed it it right off as it self heated.

I remember the old self-heating shaving cream "The Hot One" by Gillette with some affection. But that was an ordinary cream in a can that was charged with something that heated it. I used it on and off in the 80s and it gave me some good shaves under poor conditions. Not sure if I'd want a cream that heats up on its own--that can't be good for your skin.

It's really too bad. There was a time when Esquire was an excellent magazine. I gave up on it years ago, and I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't improved.

I gave up on it recently, too, after they published an article that seemed to endorse trying really irresponsible behavior such as driving at night with no headlights.

Almost all the products on that list are rubbish. As others have indicated this is nothing more than an extension of the marketing arm of Esquire, or what was once Esquire, designed to reaffirm the old proverb that a fool and his money are soon parted. The old magazine is gone and the staff of the present advertizing pamphlet (which is really what it is now) have all gone round the bend.

Utter rubbish!

Chris

Some of the articles are good, but by and large it lacks real substance.
You'll get more out of a membership to B&B.
Now that's money well spent!

Saw that list this morning too. Was not impressed by anything. For every product they listed I could think of 5 that were superior. I've seen the Kyoku at the Grooming Lounge, but even their employees don't have anything positive to say about it.

I used to subscribe to Esquire in the 1960s, maybe into the early 1970s. It was a great guide for a young man, it covered beer, liquor, manners, dressing for business, women, smoking, college, grooming, how to order wine, how to tip, restaurants, what makes a good shoe, how to get fitted for a suit; and all from a strong masculine voice

I never even pick it up anymore, and will not for sure now; the editorial staff must all be female, their list completely misses the mark for me. Its all too delicate, feminine, metrosexual

I wash my face and shampoo with whatever bath soap I am using, I shave with a brush and the puck of the day, a DE from rotation, splash on Dominica Bay Rum and I am good to go

Don't need their opinion,
ken

Top Bottom