What's new

32 months: My modest den/collection

After 32 months of DE shaving, suffice it to say I have tried quite a variety of razors, blades, soaps, creams, you name it, not to mention the $$$ spent! But the journey has been well worth it. I am now in the position of being able to say that all of my AD's are under control and my 'den' has now stabilized.

This is what I have settled on. By comparison, my den is somewhat minimalist, but that is what I have searching for and have now found. This is what gives me fantastic shaves.....:biggrin1:

Razors: in rotation, '51 Tech, '64 SS, '61 Gold Slim
Blade: Derby
Brushes: Tweezerman, Omega boar
Soap: VDH Deluxe
AS: Skin Bracer
Balm: Bigelow Black Elixer

There it is. Nothing fancy, but it works. Yes, I have tried much more expensive soaps, creams, and balms, but I keep coming back to those listed. They just plain work for me.

Oh, and the icing on the cake: the SS was my father's, the Slim was my father-in-law's, and the Old Spice mug was my grandfather's. They provide a constant reminder of these great gentlemen who were a part of my life.

Thank you for your indulgence.

That would be great to have something passed down and used on a daily basis. I like your style, try out everything and stick with what you like.

Cool soap bowl! You've got everything you need for great shaves. I love seeing people's shave dens, large or small. :shaving: BTW, skin bracer is highly underrated.

Oh, and the icing on the cake: the SS was my father's, the Slim was my father-in-law's, and the Old Spice mug was my grandfather's. They provide a constant reminder of these great gentlemen who were a part of my life.

That's reason enough to not need any new razors or mugs.

Cool soap bowl! You've got everything you need for great shaves. I love seeing people's shave dens, large or small. :shaving: BTW, skin bracer is highly underrated.

Thank you. I found the bowl in a supermarket in Honolulu last summer. Only six bucks! Had to have it. And yes, Skin Bracer is highly underrated. I have used it for 43 years and have no intention of changing. But I do use Aqua Velva on occasion.:thumbup1:

I wish I had the self controle to keep my den that minimalist! I romanticize about it and sometimes even try to sell stuff off, but its just not going to happen for me :blushing:

Well i got the razor down anyways, I doubt i will ever use anything but my '61 Gillette "Fat Boy". Nice Stuff!

Great den.

My grandfather used Skin Bracer as his workhorse and Aramis on special occasions. One of my best childhood memories was visiting him in Pittsburgh and watching him take a meticulous shave.

After 32 months of DE shaving, suffice it to say I have tried quite a variety of razors, blades, soaps, creams, you name it, not to mention the $$$ spent! But the journey has been well worth it. I am now in the position of being able to say that all of my AD's are under control and my 'den' has now stabilized.

This is what I have settled on. By comparison, my den is somewhat minimalist, but that is what I have searching for and have now found. This is what gives me fantastic shaves.....:biggrin1:

Razors: in rotation, '51 Tech, '64 SS, '61 Gold Slim
Blade: Derby
Brushes: Tweezerman, Omega boar
Soap: VDH Deluxe
AS: Skin Bracer
Balm: Bigelow Black Elixer

There it is. Nothing fancy, but it works. Yes, I have tried much more expensive soaps, creams, and balms, but I keep coming back to those listed. They just plain work for me.

Thank you for your indulgence.

Congrats! :thumbup:

Top Bottom