What's new

Random/Cheap Lather Bowls

If you guys are looking for a cheap lather bowl and you didn't find what you want at your local thrift stores, then T.J.Maxx in your local mall might be worth checking into. I found several bowls that would have worked for lathering as well as some other containers that could have been used for holding soaps and other shave items. Here are a few that caught my eye:

proxy.php

proxy.php

A small flower pot that looks just the right size to make a nice scuttle.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I wasn't a huge fan of the rooster design, but the ridges inside the bowl look like they would help whip up a fast lather.

proxy.php

I was looking for a basic, wider mouthed lather bowl and found this one. It was just what I wanted for only $4, plus I liked the slightly unique look and color. And since it's Itialian, it should work well with my Omega49 and C.O.Bigelow right? :biggrin1:

I like the color of the last bowl also. It looks a little on the large side but that's ok. Nice find.
I was a bit worried it might be to big at first. But I used it this morning and liked it. I didn't measure it, but if I fan out my Omega 49 the bristles cover the bottom exactly. It is easier to keep the lather from spilling over the sides with this one.

I like the look of the first one, like you said, to use as a scuttle. I've been trying a large coffee mug under my lather bowl as a scuttle for the last 2 days... it does work, but it just doesn't hold enough water to get the lather really warm or keep it warm for 3 passes.

I really like the look of the last bowl. It has a great color and a nice size. I'm going to see if my T.J. Maxx has one as well. Thanks for the post and nice find.

Top Bottom