What's new

IRC pipes?

Howdy folks,

I'm looking for some information on IRC pipes. I know they're at least branded by Iwan Ries, and their website says they're made in the US. Do any of you gents have an IRC/know much about them? I was bumming around online looking at churchwardens and came across one of theirs that intrigued me. The price is great, but I have no clue about quality.

Thanks!

(And, as a side note...if anyone has a Savinelli churchwarden they'd be willing to part with, shoot me a message :biggrin1:)

I'm not certain, but I believe Iwan Ries gets their branded pipes from several different suppliers. The successes I've had with branded pipes far outweigh the failures but it's always a bit of a crap shoot when you're buying something like that. Especially a bent. Sometimes they've become what they are because the drilling and alignment aren't quite up to standard. Worst case scenario is that you're out $28.00 + shipping. If you like the looks of it, go for it! Ya never know, it could be a gem.

Most of the American made IRC pipes are Benton, which they sell under that brand as well. I have a Benton compact that I use for strong flakes and Dark Birdseye and its an absolute favorite. I am normally wary of some of these inexpensive pipes but mine is great. I'll eventually get a full set for road/work pipes as their so affordable. I haven't tried the churchwarden only the compact. Give IRC a call and ask if they're made by Benton, if they are than its worth a shot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom