What's new

Is Bigelow (Proraso) safe for sensitive skin?

I've been reluctant to try a new soap as the last time I did with C&E sandalwood soap, my skin had an allergic reaction to the product. The AoS sandalwood soap seems to be fine for my skin.

I just bought my first cream to try with a tube of Bigelow from Bed & Bath, but I'm worried that my skin may react to the menthol in this product.

Has anyone had a sensitivity issue with this product?

There are quite a few things in the Proraso that can irritate sensitive skin.

It a very laboratory-ised formula.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
There are quite a few things in the Proraso that can irritate sensitive skin.

It a very laboratory-ised formula.

+1 It's not for everyone...

I have tried Proraso soap and I don't have a reaction to it. I found that I don't care for menthol soaps. I have noted just a couple of scented glycerin soaps do seem to react with my skin-nothing serious but an "itchy" or "hot" feeling. I have had absolutely no reaction to any tallow soaps or creams so far. If I am unable to pass on the ones I react to, I clean out the container and use it to store something I like. I've found a lot of really good soaps this way and even made a few friends.

I also have sensitive skin that reacts to some shaving soaps and creams. I have been using Proraso Ultra Sensitive Skin Shaving Soap and it is one of my favorites...followed by Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel and a good balm takes care of my face. Experiment around to find what is good for your face. Good luck.

I've had sensitive skin all my life, but the Proraso Green Tube doesn't bother me. I guess this is a YMMV situation.

I have noticed a hot sensation from some stronger essential or fragrance oil soaps/creams. Also heavier alkalinity stuff dries my face badly. But Bigelow feels great to me. I suppose it depends what your sensitive to.

Top Bottom