What's new

My dog's love affair with my silvertip badger

The strangest thing happened the other day, I was shaving and my dog was sitting patiently at my feet whimpering, I thought maybe he wanted to go outside, but when I mentioned the words he didn't have a reaction like normal. I noticed his eyes were fixed on my brush so i let him sniff it and then when i took it away to shake it out and set it in its stand he went absolutely insane! so i let him sniff it again and he calmed right down but tried to bite it out of my hand. I'm sure it has something to do with the smell of the badger just wondering if anyone else has dogs that have this same reaction.

The strangest thing happened the other day, I was shaving and my dog was sitting patiently at my feet whimpering, I thought maybe he wanted to go outside, but when I mentioned the words he didn't have a reaction like normal. I noticed his eyes were fixed on my brush so i let him sniff it and then when i took it away to shake it out and set it in its stand he went absolutely insane! so i let him sniff it again and he calmed right down but tried to bite it out of my hand. I'm sure it has something to do with the smell of the badger just wondering if anyone else has dogs that have this same reaction.

Going from a dogs perspective he thinks its a toy and he also thinks its his.

Well if you go to reach for your brush in a day or so and it's not in its stand, I believe you'll know where it is!

Last edited:
A number of members have wondered whether their brush being wet in the morning before their shave was due to the unnatural interests of their male cat sometime during the night.:tongue_sm:lol:

I dearly love my Golden Retriever. His picture is my avatar and it is from his name that I derive my screen name.

Fortunately for him, he has never paid any attention to my brushes. If he ever attempts to "retrieve" one for his own personal use, it will mean war! I love that dog and all, but don't come near my gear!

Peanut loves my brushes.

attachment.php

I admit reading the title I expected the worst. I thought for sure I was going to be reading about a mangled brush and a dog spending the night outside.

One of our cats is obsessed with my wife's makeup brushes to the point that she'll open the makeup table drawer to get at it. I tried giving her a cheap boar brush that I didn't like but she won't have it either. Moral of the story I guess is that my cat has standards in brushs also.

Seriously, I think the dog's interest in your shaving brush is the fact that you use it a lot.

The cat pic was truly adorable! Shame I'm allergic to cats now. Had two of them when I was younger and now it pierced my heart.

:eek:)
Perkus

When I first introduced my dog to my new EJ best badger, Her reaction was similar to that of your dog.

She was EXTREMELY interested in it. She tried to take it away and sat by my feet when I was rubbing it on my face. When I let her smell it again, her reaction was intense concentration on the brush.

Dogs know the smell of animal and badger is most certainly a strong animal smell before it hits the soap. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom