What's new

First timer...

Well, I received my Parker 98R in the mail yesterday. Bought it before doing to much research, but it seems to be a pretty nice instrument to start out with. Anyway picked up some shave creme and a crap brush to get me started. Really wasn't a fan of the creme or the crap brush, so shopping this weekend I will go! Final shave ended up great with only minor 1 little nick and very little irritation on my usual area of irritation. I'd have to say much better than the expensive cartridges that I have been buying for the last 15 years.

So far a big fan of the DE over cartridges. I'd have to say I'm converted!

My first razor 13 months ago was a Parker, and I had a Burma Shave brush and mug that came in a starter kit. The combo started me on the road to this hobby/passtime and I remember them well.

It sounds like your early experience went well. Keep up the good work!

B&B is a great resource, and it's good to have you aboard. Feel free to lot us know how you're progressing, and if you have any questions.

Codfish

Welcome to the good ship B&B. Take a stroll on the promenade deck and enjoy the voyage. :thumbup1:

Always remember, relax but be vigilant when you shave!

Well, I received my Parker 98R in the mail yesterday. Bought it before doing to much research, but it seems to be a pretty nice instrument to start out with. Anyway picked up some shave creme and a crap brush to get me started. Really wasn't a fan of the creme or the crap brush, so shopping this weekend I will go! Final shave ended up great with only minor 1 little nick and very little irritation on my usual area of irritation. I'd have to say much better than the expensive cartridges that I have been buying for the last 15 years.

So far a big fan of the DE over cartridges. I'd have to say I'm converted!

I think the big issue with Parker's and the reason some don't like them is quality control. Supposedly it has gotten better recently. But still some people get Parker's that have bad blade alignment or whatever. If you get a Parker without any issues it should be a great razor.

I just bought a 98r earlier this week that I love. I don'y have anything else to compare it to as its my first DE. I am so happy with the shaves I am getting that I don't think I see the value in upgrading to a Merkur even if it does offer a bit better of a shave.

Thanks, I'll order one. Have talked to others and they also reccommend that I get a sampler pack to see what works best for me.

Top Bottom