What's new

Why I don't like winter. Too cold.

It was so cold out this morning that the cylinder on my storm door was frozen. The car barely started. Only the cat was crazy enough to want to go out and she did.
These are the days when I don't like winter.
To make you feel better, here is a snapshot of the current weather conditions. Yes, there is a wind. 8 km/hr is enough to make it cut right through you. *sigh*

I don't like it either. Even in Central Texas it is cold. I am tired of it being almost dark when I get home. I'm tired of the heating bill. I'm tired of being cold. I'm tired of my knee aching. My cigar smoking has dropped significantly. I have to slosh through cold mud to feed the chickens. I'm just tired of it.

On the bright side, I don't have to mow the yard. I love splitting firewood. I love the fireplace. And above all, I love being cuddled up to my wife at night.

DL

I prefer a very cold winter to a very hot summer. I sweat very easily and I'm very uncomfortable for the majority of the summer.

I don't know about -34, though...

I didn't go home for lunch like I usually do.
Called up SWMBO. Told her no way I was going out of this office unless it's to come home and stay home.

Instead of a nice salad and soup, I paid $5 for a chicken burger that wasn't the best. :thumbdown
I think it was an old piece of the carpet in a bun.

I really don't like winter.

oh, and the -34 is when there is no wind. Look in the corner, yeah, that's right with the wind it feels like -43. Ugh.

oh, and the -34 is when there is no wind. Look in the corner, yeah, that's right with the wind it feels like -43. Ugh.

There has to be a certain point where the wind chill doesn't really matter. For me, that's when it gets to about 20*F.

At WAY under freezing, does the wind chill make that much of a difference?!

I guess it'd depend on how much wind your clothes block?

We had that for about 2 weeks here in Sk. Its starting to warm up a bit but is very windy everyday now so the wind chill is up there.

Holy snotcicles! I was freeazing in So. Illinois this morning. A temp here of -3 (-13 wc). That wind chill does make a difference. I work in a frozen food wharehouse. We keep icecream in a seperate room than the rest of the frozen goods. -20 all the time, yet so much warmer than the -3 this morning!

I believe the wind does make a difference. Especially on your exposed areas.

Anyone wanting to come up for a visit, come in the summer when it gets to be +40?? (i'm including the humidity/humidex in that).

I believe the wind does make a difference. Especially on your exposed areas.

Anyone wanting to come up for a visit, come in the summer when it gets to be +40?? (i'm including the humidity/humidex in that).

Let me assure you that it very much does make a difference.

Noted! I think my body just still can't handle temps that are really low. Originally from southern Louisiana, so I'm still not really used to winters in NYC. I love them, but I can't really tell how cold it is once it gets below freezing.

I love the seasons and prefer cold weather for Christmas, but by the end of January I've about had it with the cold weather. And I don't live in some of the more extreme climate areas that some of you guys do. I'm ready for Florida now. I wish we could do away with February and March.

I work outside and purchased what I call a "Superman" suit, heavily insulated, best Redwing waterproof boots, thinsulate work gloves and wool scarf with knit hat.
I might add I live in NC.
My friend from Detroit comes down and laughs at me, I don't care. This has been a cold winter!
Real Estate is affordable in Florida right now.

Hello maxman,

That's strange, I'm here in Northern Ontario as well and it is a sunny and warm 72 degrees F.

Oh wait, you're in Ontario CA(nada) not Ontario CA(lifornia). Sorry. :biggrin1:

Thanks,
Mike

It was so cold out this morning that the cylinder on my storm door was frozen. The car barely started. Only the cat was crazy enough to want to go out and she did.
These are the days when I don't like winter.
To make you feel better, here is a snapshot of the current weather conditions. Yes, there is a wind. 8 km/hr is enough to make it cut right through you. *sigh*

Spent Christmas in Fargo ND this year just past. The first truly white Christmas from this boy and his family from Down Under.

Christmas Day we rang home, it way +30 degrees Celsius in Canberra and -30 degrees Celsius in Fargo :w00t:

Despite enduring two blizzards and a bit of wind I didn't need thermals at all at at times was out shovelling snow with my brother in law in jeans and a t-shirt.

Mind you I didn't have to live in that sort of weather and go to work etc etc so I'm sure that you would get over it pretty quickly.

My surreal moment was waking up one bright sunny morning to the sound of 'lawn mowers' and thinking in that half asleep moment I was back in Australia on a Saturday morning. Of course they were snow blowers and we had three feet of snow on top of the grass :lol:

Take care and keep warm!

I so dislike cold weather that I moved to the coast to get away from those nasty temps as well as the snow. I have to admit I've become a total wuss and I've told my family in Calgary to order up a chinook for when I visit next month.... :lol:

we got hit with severe cold in the last couple of days in Minnesota. -40 in certain parts according to the weather channel. I'm with you. cold weather sucks

A record breaking -46 F in International Falls MN today. And that is without a wind chill. Glad I don't live there. That's so cold that it would take the ink right out of the pigs oink.

Top Bottom