What's new

Another Boar Convert!

I recently received my first boar brush- a Semogue 1250. First of all what a beautiful brush with top notch craftsmanship! I found the brush to be quite soft from the get go with enough backbone to make quick work of soap and face lather like a champ...I can't wait to see what this things true potential is after it's fully broken in. I was also pleasantly surprised that this brush has no detectable boar funk that has been described with new boars. I am so pleased buy this brush that I see nothing but boars in my future...I've seen the light... I've seen the boar!

They are a great value, being relatively cheap and of great quality at least with respect to my Semogue.

I've got the Semogue 830 and the Semogue Owner's Club. I wouldn't be without them. They obliterate soap even after they've broken in to the point of feeling almost like badger on the face.

Proud owner of a 1305 and SOC here. Have a 1250 in the mail on its way to me. Really enjoying the Semogue brushes! :thumbup1:

I just got the 1250 (and 1350, and 830 :blushing:) last week, and my impression is the same - great brushes.
They all have potential and I can hardly wait till they are broken in.

I've got the Semogue 830 and the Semogue Owner's Club. I wouldn't be without them. They obliterate soap even after they've broken in to the point of feeling almost like badger on the face.

I've got the same two Semogues along with an Omega Pro 49. I love them so much my badgers hardly get used any more.:tongue_sm

I've been strictly a badger brush user since I started wet-shaving last summer, but I've got an old (late '70s/early '80s?), cheap, Ever Ready boar brush that was living in the back of a cabinet and might have been used 5 or 6 times. I decided to drag it out this morning and try it for face-lathering with some Col. Conk Almond soap. Very interesting! It's kind of a small brush and I really don't think it's ever been properly broken-in (the bristle tips don't appear to be split), but it seems to have some potential. I plan on moving it into my regular rotation and seeing if it eventually breaks in.

This will be good practice for the Semogue Owner's Club (SOC) brush that I ordered last week. From what I've been reading here, it sounds like they need quite a bit of usage before they reach their peak performance.

Though I have a couple of nice badgers they hardly make it into my rotation. You gotta love those piggies and I think a quality boar is still a bit of a 'shaving-secret' despite all the positive attention on B&B lately.

Of course to learn to love it will cost you a little time and effort as the first shaves with them are usually sub par but with a little patience you can get top performers that make you forget the badgers! :001_cool:

Where would we be without the old Semogues?

I really love a good badger as much as anyone else, but I also love a good boar brush!

Top Bottom