What's new

Todays thrift shop find - first shave ever! (photos with find & result..)

So i found a Gillette razor at this second hand shop a couple of hours ago for 10 krona (1€). And I had some Lord Super Steel blades lying around so i just got on with it!

I used Matador shave foam on aerosol can.

It was smoother than i thought it would be, but when i tried to shave all the stubble off in different directions i cut myself a bit. (already had a couple of pimples there)

I'm waiting for a Merkur progress to arrive, hopefully tomorrow!

Yeah..

Nice Tech. If you look at the date code (letter and number) on the bottom, we can tell you when it was made.

Haha you know it be cold here in sweden during winter. I aint gonna shave properly until april!

Picked up the Merkur today.. seems to be unused. The friendly seller threw in a bunch of extra blades for me to test!

Got the lot for about 40€ :)

Now im gonna get me a brush and some cream/soap. Thinking about the Omega boar 49 brush and a Proraso tube. Then maybe a Swissco bowl with adjoining soap. Yeah

Hej basij och välkommen! Var i Sverige bor du? Själv finns jag i södra Stockholm.

Jag har fördomar mot använda rakhyvlar, så jag köper bara nya, men din var fin. Vad gäller rakningen tyckte jag mig ana en vildvuxen del på hakspetsen, som jag tvivlar på att någon hyvel rår på.

(and translated for all you non-swedes:)

Hello, basij, and welcome! Where in Sweden do you live. I'm in the south of Stockholm.

I've prejudices against used razors, so I only buy new ones, but yours was a nice one. As far as your shave goes, I could make out a rampant spot on your chin I doubt any razor could master.

:eek:)
Perkus

Last edited:
Top Bottom