What's new

Vintage Williams, Tabac, Palmolive Shave Stick and Godrej DL Cream - My thoughts

Got a little soap crazy right after the holidays and decided to try out some of the most talked about soaps on B&B. I'd like to share with you all my thoughts on what I have acquired. (slow morning at work :tongue_sm)

Godrej DL Cream - Lathers very easily and is incredibly soft. I noticed as soon as my brush touched my face that I have never felt my brush being so soft. Not sure if it's the Lanolin or other ingredient that caused this...but it's definitely a nice cream. I'm not that crazy about the scent however. Very strange scent. Manly..but just odd. For the price, you can't go wrong and worth a try.

Tabac - You've read all the good reviews...and after trying this soap, I can say that they are true. Lathers beautifully regardless if I use my Boar or Badger brush. Another very nice soap that everyone should try. Concerning the scent, to me it smells like Hotel soap. I like the scent and it isn't very strong. Definitely not something that would linger after shaving.

Palmolive Shave Sticks (German made with Tallow) - Bought two of these and grated them into a bowl. Very inexpensive soap that works very well and is very slick. I was surprised how slick it was. Lathers easily and smells fantastic! The scent reminds me of a Zest Bath Bar variety I've smelled before. I don't use Zest so I can't pin-point which one, but it's close. This one will definitely always be in my Den. Give this one a try...you'll be out only a few dollars if you dont' like it (can't imagine anyone not liking it YMMV).

Vintage Williams - I was lucky enough to score a puck of this stuff. Pre-UPC days whatever year that means. This soap works just as well as the others mentioned above. The scent is weak and earthy probably due to age, but still lathers very well. I can create very nice lather using a Boar or Badger brush. Unlike the current formulation this one doesn't dry out before the end of the shave and also doesn't leave your skin feeling dry. If you can score a puck for a decent price, give it a try just to say you've tried it. I really like this stuff, but most likely will not be replacing it once it's gone. It's works very well, but the others I've mentioned above work just as well and are much easier to find.

Hopefully someone out there found this interesting and useful. :001_smile

Got a little soap crazy right after the holidays and decided to try out some of the most talked about soaps on B&B. I'd like to share with you all my thoughts on what I have acquired. (slow morning at work :tongue_sm)

Godrej DL Cream - Lathers very easily and is incredibly soft. I noticed as soon as my brush touched my face that I have never felt my brush being so soft. Not sure if it's the Lanolin or other ingredient that caused this...but it's definitely a nice cream. I'm not that crazy about the scent however. Very strange scent. Manly..but just odd. For the price, you can't go wrong and worth a try.

[Palmolive Shave Sticks (German made with Tallow) - Bought two of these and grated them into a bowl. Very inexpensive soap that works very well and is very slick. I was surprised how slick it was. Lathers easily and smells fantastic! The scent reminds me of a Zest Bath Bar variety I've smelled before. I don't use Zest so I can't pin-point which one, but it's close. This one will definitely always be in my Den. Give this one a try...you'll be out only a few dollars if you dont' like it (can't imagine anyone not liking it YMMV).

Hopefully someone out there found this interesting and useful. :001_smile

Great post Den!! I have not tried the Godrej cream or soap yet, along with the Palmolive stick. I plan on trying these later this year. I agree with you on the Vintage Williams and Tabac. :thumbup1:

Godrej-Never tried it.

Tabac-Love the performance and the scent. A lot.

Palmolive-Same as you I grated two sticks and find it to be excellent performer.
One of the best there is.

Vintage Williams- Shave soap of the gods. I search high and low to add more of this to my collection.

Godrej - Excellent cream

Tabac - Superb lather and scent. My favorite soap!

Palmolive - Have to agree very slick lather. Another soap I wouldn't be without and I like the clean scent.

Vintage Williams - Have never had an opportunity to try it. Would like to someday though.

Top Bottom