What's new

Claus Porto Soap

With the price of one Claus Porto soap ($18) I can buy 6 Giovanni soap bars ($3 each), with a total of 900gr. And I'm sure that one 350gr Claus Porto soap won't last as long as 6 Giovanni soaps. These soaps are organic and do contain shea butter.

Does Giovanni come with any Hollywood Celebrity endorsements? :tongue_sm

Does Giovanni come with any Hollywood Celebrity endorsements? :tongue_sm

Ha Ha! Oprah.

I fell in love with the scent of Claus Porto soaps at a local boutique. Haven't sprung for any, though I love the smell of Brise Marine.

How do Claus Porto compare to French triple milled soaps like Pre de Provence, Whole Foods branded French soaps, L'Epi de Provence (which I especially like), which have a good dose of Shea butter?

To be honest I doubt on whether you would notice an added moisturiser in a Body soap as a guy, Facial soaps yes. I have just bought a pack of Bronnley Orchid soaps which contain both Shea Butter and Sweet Almond Oil with lots of fragrance you would expect from Claus Porto, Nesti Dante etc. I will see if it makes a difference.

New Claus Porto ARGUS Sandalwood soap line:

proxy.php

This morning I took a look at my Porto Soaps grabbed one and never wanted to leave the shower! The smell, the feeling, clean... bodygasim

I have been really loving this stuff. The scent is absolutely amazing and just the right strength, my skin feels soft and clean, but I really don't know if I can say it was worth the money. My giant bar seems to be disappearing pretty quickly If nothing else, I got duped with regards to the 7X milling.

Ha Ha! Oprah.

I fell in love with the scent of Claus Porto soaps at a local boutique. Haven't sprung for any, though I love the smell of Brise Marine.

How do Claus Porto compare to French triple milled soaps like Pre de Provence, Whole Foods branded French soaps, L'Epi de Provence (which I especially like), which have a good dose of Shea butter?

She has switched allegiance to another Ach Brito brand, Confiança Soaps is the latest Oprah endorsed soap :tongue_sm

She has switched allegiance to another Ach Brito brand, Confiança Soaps is the latest Oprah endorsed soap :tongue_sm

Just to make clear. Confiança Soaps was acquired by Ach Brito in 2008, but they have a whole different line and factory.

Confiança was an ancient competitor. They produce the fabulous Top Secret, Veleiro and "O Melhor" shaving creams. There's even a different web store for Confiança. For my money, Confiança does have higher quality products than Ach Brito (aka Claus Porto).

The problem is that Ach Brito wants to sell their premium brand Claus Porto especially to the US and they fear that Confiança's line would ruin their business :biggrin1: Even Oprah finds Confiança superior :laugh:

Just got a couple of 350g soaps in the mail. These bars are huge, almost hard to hold in the shower.

Top Bottom