What's new

Gillette Atra Blades still in production?

Does Gillette still produce blades for the Atra? Or do I need to look for off-brand alternatives...

Yes and Yes.

Back in the 90's, the Gillettes were superior to the generics.

However, today, I prefer the off-brands. My favorite is the Wilkinson's available at Wal-mart. I tried the Gillette Atras last year and they were very harsh on my skin.. not worth the $$.

Yes and Yes.

Back in the 90's, the Gillettes were superior to the generics.

However, today, I prefer the off-brands. My favorite is the Wilkinson's available at Wal-mart. I tried the Gillette Atras last year and they were very harsh on my skin.. not worth the $$.

Totally disagree. I haven't found an "off-brand" that is ANYWHERE NEAR as smooth and sharp as the Gillette-branded blades. The ones available around here are super-nice blades, whereas the Personna brand cartridges I bought at WalMart were brutal!

Obviously, YMMV. If the Gillette ones say "Made in China" on them, I'd buy them.

Totally disagree. I haven't found an "off-brand" that is ANYWHERE NEAR as smooth and sharp as the Gillette-branded blades. The ones available around here are super-nice blades, whereas the Personna brand cartridges I bought at WalMart were brutal!

Obviously, YMMV. If the Gillette ones say "Made in China" on them, I'd buy them.

Hey Kingfisher! I have read a lot of your posts in my quest for a good Trac II blade. Have you tried the Wilkensons at wally mart?

...whereas the Personna brand cartridges I bought at WalMart were brutal!

Fully agree. I had some of the Personna Auto Plus carts (which are Atra only carts, no the Atra/Trac II combo carts) and they pulled horridly bad on even the first shave!! Useless junk!!

I happen to like the Dollar General (dorco) dual fit carts, and the Wilkinson Sword dual fit carts they sell at Wal-Mart.

I have not used an actual Gillette cart in ages.

Top Bottom