What's new

Lord SS vs. Lord Platinum

I just opened up a box of Lord Super Stainless and Lord Platinum Class. Both blades are stamped Lord Super Stainless.
Is this correct or do I have SS in a platinum box? Are the Platinum Class just SS blades coated with Platinum? I just want to be sure of what I'm using.

BTW.....Just tried a red personna in my EJ89 and so far, for me, it was the best shave yet. I have tried Derby, Merkur, USA Wilkinson (old stock I had for years), Bic & Sharp.

Next up are the two Lord blades mentioned above, and Gillette 7 o'clock.

Thanks.....Bruno

The Lord Platinum Class is certainly different than the Super Stainless blade; more people seem to prefer the Platinums but for me the Stainless is smoother, sharper and lasts longer. YMMV!

Strange enough the Platinums are indeed stamped with 'super stainless' on the blade but it is really another blade. Don't worry about that.

The Lord Platinum Class is certainly different than the Super Stainless blade; more people seem to prefer the Platinums but for me the Stainless is smoother, sharper and lasts longer. YMMV!

Strange enough the Platinums are indeed stamped with 'super stainless' on the blade but it is really another blade. Don't worry about that.

I've gotten Lord blades like this myself and wondered the same thing. I couldn't really tell a difference between them. The Super Chromes work good for me also. I can usually get 4-5 smooth shaves out of them.

Clayton

I've gotten Lord blades like this myself and wondered the same thing. I couldn't really tell a difference between them. The Super Chromes work good for me also. I can usually get 4-5 smooth shaves out of them.

Clayton

To me the Super Chromes and Platinum Class are much closer than the Super Stainless blade. I doubt I could tell the difference between the first two if someone else loaded my razor while the Super Stainless is so much different (for me:read better) that I am sure I could pick it 'blindfolded'. I can get good shaves with all three blades btw.

Top Bottom