What's new

First purchase DE razor

I finally took the plunge and bought my first DE razor. Its a Merkur Futur. It should be here in 3-5 days. I also ordered a Tweezermans shave brush, Col. Conk Bay Rum shave soap and Feather Hi-Stainless steel razors.

I figured this would be good enough to get me started. The next purchase will be a better quality brush and of course more soaps and creams.
I'm so excited I cant wait to start wet shaving.

I finally took the plunge and bought my first DE razor. Its a Merkur Futur. It should be here in 3-5 days. I also ordered a Tweezermans shave brush, Col. Conk Bay Rum shave soap and Feather Hi-Stainless steel razors.

I figured this would be good enough to get me started. The next purchase will be a better quality brush and of course more soaps and creams.
I'm so excited I cant wait to start wet shaving.

Congratulations on the purchases and welcome to B&B!

As you may or may not have read, when you are just getting started, keep your variables as low as possible when it comes to learning what works best and above all else, watch the pressure! :smile:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
You should also consider a razor blade sample pack. Feathers are not for everyone.

Congrats! I've only shaved 4 times so far with my first DE razor, and even though it was especially frustrating my first shave, I've been determined to master this. My suggestion for that first shave is this: 1) make sure your lather is good. After applying it to face, rub it in a bit. If it's too dry, I think it mostly disappears while rubbing it. And massaging it into your face helps the shave turn out better. 2) follow the advice in the Wiki section for Pre-Shave Prep, especially near the bottom of this page -- THIS will make a HUGE difference (I wouldn't have been so frustrated)

Welcome.

It you are going to start with Feather blades make sure the Futur is on a low setting. No need to make a blood donation if you don't have to.

Top Bottom