What's new

Every day pen ink colour

What colour ink do you use for every day writing?

• Blue

• Black

• Blue/Black

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gents,
What colour ink do you prefer for every day writing?
Not taking into account small nuances like manufacturer, paper, ambient light, time of day, &c.

Just a general inquiry.
I've always favoured blue black, but I'm enamoured with blue recently.

I can't vote in your poll, sadly. At the moment I have pens inked with blue, black and blue-black ink. I also use lots of other colours for casual correspondence.....

I generally use blue ink. I will use gel pens, but I refuse to use ballpoint pens. Ink is the best.

As an attorney I try to make sure to always sign in blue so that I can easily tell the difference between original documents and copies. I don't have a preference for things like taking notes but mostly use blue because my blue pen is usually the most convenient. All of my professional correspondence is typed, so no preference there.

I'm also not a "pen guy." I certainly appreciate the fine workmanship and aesthetic appeal of a fine pen, but the Pilot G2 is my go to pen because it is comfortable to hold, writes very well, and is cheap enough that I can have a dozen scattered in my office and if I lose some no big deal.

I use a variety of fountain pens daily. I use a variety of ink colors such as Noodler's Apache Sunset, Noodler's Black Swan Rose, J Herbin, Private Reserve, and Diamine.
I like colors when I write.

dang. :sad: I thought that would happen.
I'm in the same boat. I regularly use blue black in my fountain pen, blue in my rollerball and blue in my ball point.

Blue for writing words, red for initialing/approving finance documents at work.

So, I voted blue. Also prefer it for signatures and my checkbook.

Sanford Uniballs are my favorites...love the way they write, plus they look great in all black. Simple and effective.

proxy.php

I split my regular writing in two. Half of the time I'm using a nice blue. I'm currently using Pilot Iroshizuku asa-gao, which is a dark blue with violet. It behaves wonderfully and looks great. I also enjoy using brown ink. Brown is dark and stodgy enough to be used all the time, yet so few people use it that it differentiates you from the crowd.

I used to use black (good for doodling), but now it is blue at all times, formal and informal. The right blue hits like a sunny day. The brighter the better.

Noodlers Baystate blue is the best followed by Private Reserve DC Supershow blue.

I'll be the first to speak up for good 'ol black ink. Zebra F-301. Writes well, inexpensive, refillable, and nice-looking.

I use Parker 'Quink' black. In the bottle it even smells 'official'. Come to think of it for years I used a Blue-Black ink that wrote bluish and oxidised to a black. Can't think why I stopped. Probably the black was cheaper.

Noodler's Walnut brown is my favourite colour and is always in my Pelikan 400. For more official stuff I have a Sailor filled with Aurora Black.

I have half a dozen pens inked. I have a couple of different blues, blue black, a blue green and a green as well as a sepia ink at the moment. I tend to use Blue/blue black for formal stuff but, as others have said, I use the other colours for personal correspondence and general note taking.

Pete

Last edited:
Everyday writing & signing is blue, approving work from my techs is done in a 0.2mm black (Pixma Micron 005 black), making notes from a presentation or meeting is either in the same 0.2mm black or 0.5 pencil

Also have red, green, brown, and purple in the 005 pens if I want to get creative

I use black because no other color ink exists, after 20+ years service I am fully indoctrinated into the no blue ink thing. I had a prof that granted me a special dispensation because I told him that I was allergic to blue ink :wink2: he was cool. I do carry a red ink pen for that once a year that I have to mark something.

Top Bottom