What's new

Help Identifying Vintage Gillette

Ive had this laying around in a drawer for years and decided to do some searching around online to get some more information about it.

The wood box reads Gillette Richwood - but all the photos that Ive seen online have a different design pattern on the actual handle.

Ive seen similar photos of an Old Style Bulldog Razor that looks identical -

Can anyone help me identify what I have here? Does this belong in the richwood box?

Here are photos:

The razor is a Bulldog and the case is for a New Standard.

It is a miss matched set but the razor is one to hang onto. You can find a New Standard for that case on the BST

I would start with hot water, dish soap, and a toothbrush. Follow that with Scrubbing Bubbles and more toothbrush. This gets the dirt, soap scum, and other SWARF (stuff what ain't really functional) off the razor.

Then, use the Aluminum Foil/Baking Soda tarnish conversion method outlined here by our friend Brian DiPalma.

I would then finish it off with a light polish using a soft cloth and Wright's Silver Cream or similar mild silver cleaner. It will bring out a nice luster and leave a protective coating to help delay re-tarnishing.

Very nice razor, sir . . . and like others have said, the Richwood box is a keeper as well. :thumbup1:

Are you planning on getting into wet-shaving? If so, you have come to the best place on the web for getting all the right info!

Welcome to B&B!

Top Bottom