What's new

my weekend.....(long)

so, for those that dont know i was recently married(nov '06). saturday day was our wedding reception/party/acknowledgement(we were married in a court). so for my "big day" i decided to get me and the guys in my family a shave. we went to this place down the jersey shore where i have been before, heres where it begins. sit down get my shave which included: AOS products, a warm towel and a straight blade. after the first full pass he btought out a mach 3. WHAT?!?!?! he finished me with a mach 3, then used a SCRUB on my face then a mask and a hout towel. long story short, shortly after my neck was RAW. during the entire party RAW. red and bruised, what a nightmare. cant wait to see my weeding pictures...oy veigh! still have not been able to shave skin is peeling now and still RED.

Dare I ask how much this "treat" cost?
There's a barber by me that gives straight shaves. I've never been to him for the shave, but I'll make sure I ask ahead of time what equipment he uses.

You also said that you've been to this place before...I'm assuming that you experiences prior to this were good and the M3 came right out of left field?

At any rate, congrats on your big day(s)! I'm getting married myself on June 9th.

Dammit!

I'm gonna have to come and set up in the good ol' US of A. Sounds like you guys are in desperate need of my services. I don't do the mask bit but you get a whole rake of pre shave goodies and hot towels followed by a whole rake of post shave goodies and cold towels. I'm new to this as many of you know from my previous posts but so far everyone has been very happy with the service and no one has complained of any kind of irritation or burn. I do refuse to shave against the grain in obvious sensitive areas and limit ATG passes to the cheeks and stubborn corners but only after consulting the client first.

The best part is it will only cost you £12.50 thats about $25 for just over half an hour of sitting back and letting me at your face with an open blade. :eek:

The key to barber shaving is to make sure your prep is thorough and I mean almost to the point of being overly so and to take your time. Nice slow and very light strokes. No one can relax with you running around like a loon chopping and slicing. There is plenty of time.

I do a good close shave but it is not always BBS. It depends on the clients. Everyone gets BBS cheeks and chin but those moustache areas and jawlines are nigh on impossible to get BBS without some kind of irritation. I can't feel what you feel so I have to go with instinct and touch.

As far as I am concerned, if you leave my shop feeling dazed and confused with a pretty damn good close shave then I have done my job well.

If you leave my shop with wild eyes and and a bright red face then I have screwed up big time and you would not have paid for your treatment. I hope this never happens of course and there is no reason why it should if I prep properly, take my time and don't rush. It is also part of my prep to feel your face all over to get an idea of your stubble pattern before i lather you up. At least then I know the first pass is going to be with the grain. It is so much easier on the second and cleanup pass if you have removed the majority of stubble WTG with no irritation.

Babble babble babble :lol:

Cheers

Mat

Dammit!

I'm gonna have to come and set up in the good ol' US of A. Sounds like you guys are in desperate need of my services. I don't do the mask bit but you get a whole rake of pre shave goodies and hot towels followed by a whole rake of post shave goodies and cold towels. I'm new to this as many of you know from my previous posts but so far everyone has been very happy with the service and no one has complained of any kind of irritation or burn. I do refuse to shave against the grain in obvious sensitive areas and limit ATG passes to the cheeks and stubborn corners but only after consulting the client first.

The best part is it will only cost you £12.50 thats about $25 for just over half an hour of sitting back and letting me at your face with an open blade. :eek:

The key to barber shaving is to make sure your prep is thorough and I mean almost to the point of being overly so and to take your time. Nice slow and very light strokes. No one can relax with you running around like a loon chopping and slicing. There is plenty of time.

I do a good close shave but it is not always BBS. It depends on the clients. Everyone gets BBS cheeks and chin but those moustache areas and jawlines are nigh on impossible to get BBS without some kind of irritation. I can't feel what you feel so I have to go with instinct and touch.

As far as I am concerned, if you leave my shop feeling dazed and confused with a pretty damn good close shave then I have done my job well.

If you leave my shop with wild eyes and and a bright red face then I have screwed up big time and you would not have paid for your treatment. I hope this never happens of course and there is no reason why it should if I prep properly, take my time and don't rush. It is also part of my prep to feel your face all over to get an idea of your stubble pattern before i lather you up. At least then I know the first pass is going to be with the grain. It is so much easier on the second and cleanup pass if you have removed the majority of stubble WTG with no irritation.

Babble babble babble :lol:

Cheers

Mat

Damn, I need to go to Cornwall ...

Top Bottom