What's new

Faster Beard Growth?

Second shave with my Antique store Gillette Slim Adjustable. This razor is so much easier to get a close shave than my Merkur HD. No knock on the Merkur, just easier for me as a beginner. Secondly, anybody know what normal setting would be on the Gillette Adjustable? Would setting number 5 be the normal, going more agressive with higher number and less agressive with the lower?

So now that I getting such close shaves I am a little impatient with my beard growth. Seems I only have to shave every other day and I want to play with this more often,LOL. Any of the odd tonics I see on this site promote faster growth!!

proxy.php

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
1 is mild, 9 is more aggressive...

Second shave with my Antique store Gillette Slim Adjustable. This razor is so much easier to get a close shave than my Merkur HD. No knock on the Merkur, just easier for me as a beginner. Secondly, anybody know what normal setting would be on the Gillette Adjustable? Would setting number 5 be the normal, going more agressive with higher number and less agressive with the lower?

So now that I getting such close shaves I am a little impatient with my beard growth. Seems I only have to shave every other day and I want to play with this more often,LOL. Any of the odd tonics I see on this site promote faster growth!!

proxy.php

There is no normal setting in the sense you are asking. As was said, 1 is mild, 9 is aggressive. "Normal" is what ever works best for you.

When I started using my Slim, I set it at 3 and worked my up to what is working best for me (6). This is the ultimate YMMV razor.

Top Bottom