What's new

Cigar Aficionado's Top 25

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
DL:
Awesome and I'm not surprised either!!! But now you shouldn't of done that...and after me cigar heart at that too. Because if you continue to tease me with Cohiba Behike BHK 52 (way out of my price range...for such a short cigar :blushing: ), being the #1 cigar in 2010...I'll purr like your grandmothers Cheshire Cat :drool:

proxy.php

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/cigars/top25detail/year/2010/rank/1

Christopher
proxy.php

Last edited:
I do think Cohiba is over-hyped. Granted I have never smoked a Behike and likely never will. I will gladly smoke a RASS or ERDM Choix Supreme any day over a Cohiba. With that being said, I would rather smoke a JLP than many non-habano cigars including the illustrious Opus. I am happy to see Illusione in the top ten. Dion deserves it and his cigars are some of the best I am smoking right now. Please don't get me wrong, if I were to smoke a Behike, I might think diffenently.

DL

Last edited:
I read Cigar Aficianado regularly but I have always found their top 25's to be skewed towards cubans and the big brands that pay lots of money to advertise in the magazine. However, I was shocked that Viaje was #2. I haven't had the reserva but I have had the other lines and they are awesome! I also agree on Illusione, they make awesome cigars and are finally getting their due. I also really enjoyed the Torano 50 year, lots of chocolate and sweet spice, mmmmm!

I tried both the Padron and the Opus X and would heartily agree that they are Top 25 cigars. On a side note, I would put Alec Bradley's Tempus up against the Opus-if you geta chance, give it a try.

I do like the fact that there are several lower priced cigars amongst the $20-25's. In recent memory, that is uncommon for CA.

I don't understand the Camacho Corojo at #5. Most boring Corojo I've ever smoked and rolled so tight, it was nearly impossible to smoke.

I wonder how much Torrano and Rocky had to pay to get their smokes in the Top 25 this year!
Illusion deserves every bit of good they have coming to them!

I can't believe the opus was #3 and the VSG was only #23 those two should be switched.

I completely agree, the VSG should be in the Top 8. I have been smoking them for years, one of the most consistent cigars on the market.

BUT, CA would lose all credibility if they took the Opus or the Padron from the top 5, that is why they are a constant there every year.

I wonder how much Torrano and Rocky had to pay to get their smokes in the Top 25 this year!
Illusion deserves every bit of good they have coming to them!

Connor,

I smoked a RP petite corona the other night. I don't remember what is was, like a Vintage 1960 or something? It was actually a decent cigar.

DL

Connor,

I smoked a RP petite corona the other night. I don't remember what is was, like a Vintage 1960 or something? It was actually a decent cigar.

DL

The vintage 90' and 92' have always been good smokes. Not sure I have had a vintage 60'. I just think Rocky floods the market with junk b/c he understands that "New" sells. Keep something new on the shelves and people will buy it.

I was talking to the B&M owner yesterday about sells after the CA Top 25 came out, within the week he had sold out of all the cigars they carried on the list.

Okay, it was the Vintage 1990. It was slightly boxed pressed. I am really digging petite coronas right now. Of coarse I have a box of churchills that you sent. I guess those will be summer smokes.:001_smile

DL

I also enjoy Illusione's cigars rather a lot. Also, +1 on the Cigar Press mag. Pretty good stuff going on there too.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
A little late on this one. I don't put much stock in CA ratings (or anyone's ratings). Remember, reviews are opinions (and we all know what opinions are). If they weren't, they'd all agree.

Top Bottom