What's new

Question about disposable razors?

So I've read a lot on this forum about how when shaving with a DE razor no pressure should be applied.

But I am curious as to how much pressure should you apply if you are using a disposable razor? Also how many passes are recommended with a disposable razor?

So I've read a lot on this forum about how when shaving with a DE razor no pressure should be applied.

But I am curious as to how much pressure should you apply if you are using a disposable razor? Also how many passes are recommended with a disposable razor?

You should apply enough pressure that the blade cuts your whiskers but not enough pressure that there is a noticeable indent in your skin.

You should apply enough pressure that the blade cuts your whiskers but not enough pressure that there is a noticeable indent in your skin.

And the number of passes depend upon the shave you are getting. If you get a decent shave after two passes, then you have completed the job.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I would start with no pressure and see where it takes you from there...

Assuming you mean a disposable razor with a pivoting head, apply sufficient amount of pressure so that you get good contact with the skin. The pivoting head is useless if you aren't pressing hard enough to get it to pivot. It will still be a relatively light touch.

If you are using a disposable razor without a pivoting head than I would suggest using it like a DE and applying virtually no pressure while getting blade angle and technique figured out. The problem with light disposable razors is that it can be hard to get no pressure to work because the razor isn't heavy enough to do the work.
:thumbup1:

Also, this is a general rule for people that are new to shaving with a DE razor because blade angle and technique are very important with a razor that does not pivot. It is not an absolute law and YMMV.

Top Bottom