What's new

Recipe for Pre/Post Shave cream/Balm??

I was looking for a recipe[If you can call it that?] for a pre/post shave cream the mimic say Proraso's pre/post shave balm. Its good stuff, but Im thinking that something with olive and castor bean oil with some small amount of essential oil and whatever it would take to make it work would be a savings and maybe an improvement over the Proraso product???!!?? Just a thought.
Any one else get those thoughts?? Hope so. Have a great New Year, tinkersd signing off!!

Great G/day to all, and to all a Daily BBS!!

I was looking for a recipe[If you can call it that?] for a pre/post shave cream the mimic say Proraso's pre/post shave balm. Its good stuff, but Im thinking that something with olive and castor bean oil with some small amount of essential oil and whatever it would take to make it work would be a savings and maybe an improvement over the Proraso product???!!?? Just a thought.
Any one else get those thoughts?? Hope so. Have a great New Year, tinkersd signing off!!

Great G/day to all, and to all a Daily BBS!!

I substituted Grape Seed Oil for Castor & recommend no more than 1 1/2 drops of Fragrance E.O. per 2oz oil, especially for Therapeutic Grade Fragrance. I learned the Hard Way, too much fragrance caused a tingling sensation and redness/ dryness, good luck in your search.

BTW this is also good as an overnight moisturizer and for the scalp.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4745645_make-pre_shave-oil.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom