What's new

First 4 pass shave

Today I did my first 4 pass shave. After the last shave I had a small accident as you all know. Well today I used a Personna Red blade, and what a great blade it is. The few weepers I got finished bleeding before I even put the witch hazel on. These are good blades, and this is the first time I have gotten close to a BBS shave. I wasnt trying for BBS, but I am very pleased with the results. I think from now on I will continue with a 4 pass shave.

Nice job with the 4xpass shave. I think I have some of those Red Personnas in a sampler pack. I'll have to give em' a try. Thanks for the heads-up.

Dave

Today I did my first 4 pass shave. After the last shave I had a small accident as you all know. Well today I used a Personna Red blade, and what a great blade it is. The few weepers I got finished bleeding before I even put the witch hazel on. These are good blades, and this is the first time I have gotten close to a BBS shave. I wasnt trying for BBS, but I am very pleased with the results. I think from now on I will continue with a 4 pass shave.

I'm not familiar with your accident, what happened? What razor are you using? what other blades have you tried? Congrats on your first 4 pass!!!

Justin

I'm not familiar with your accident, what happened? What razor are you using? what other blades have you tried? Congrats on your first 4 pass!!!

Justin

The accident was me being stupid, and dropping a piece of my razor down the drain, and into the trap. I have only used Derby's before this with my Merkur 1904/1906 razor. The Red Personna's however seem to be a sharper blade, but a little more forgiving than the Derby's do. I will try the Derby's again though after much improvement of my technique. Right not I am not counting any blade out as from what I have read they all are different with different razors.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Congrats on the shave!:thumbup1: Have you considered changing careers and becoming a plumber?

The accident was me being stupid, and dropping a piece of my razor down the drain, and into the trap. I have only used Derby's before this with my Merkur 1904/1906 razor. The Red Personna's however seem to be a sharper blade, but a little more forgiving than the Derby's do. I will try the Derby's again though after much improvement of my technique. Right not I am not counting any blade out as from what I have read they all are different with different razors.

Have you tried Super Iridiums? Excellent blade...:thumbup:

Top Bottom