What's new

Hello from Toronto

Hi B&B fellas,

Serious golfer (long drive champion) but a ROOKIE in wet shave dept. I'm doing my homework and planning on getting a DE razor, nice brush and cream very soon!

From what I've read, a Merkur HD and some TOBS avocado would be a great place to start - just can't decide on a brush! Too many to choose from heh.

Looking forward to reading more and at some point contributing to the boards.

Happy shaving all,

Mike

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Welcome!

This is what I would start with if I had to do it all over again. Enough goodies to get you going without breaking the bank to start off.

Hello and welcome,

You have some good starting choices there. As for a brush, take a look through this thread
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=183604
it has a ton of information to help you narrow down your choice, that and look through the other posts in the shave brush forum. If you want a cheap great boar brush you can pick up an Omega at Shopper's Drug Mart for about ten bucks. Also Shopper's carries Prorasso which is a fantastic cream with menthol, cooling and wonderful in the summer.

Welcome to B&B!

Shoppers also carries RCS, Aqua Velva, Old Spice as well as Nivea shave cream and ASB. Basically everything but blades.

Have fun.

Welcome!

You've got a great razor and lather. To start with a brush, I suggest a boar brush from Omega or Semoque. I have a Semoque 1305 and it has been a fantastic brush and is presently less than $20 US. My experience with Omega has also been positive.

Welcome to B&B from just East of you. There are some fine retailers for a wetshaver in Canada: Fendrihan, Italian Barber, and Rasage Poulin.

Dig into these forums, so much information !!!

Thanks for the welcome! I was busy doing hours of OCD deliberating and didn't see any of the advice listed till now.

I ordered the following from Fendrihan:

Merkur HD
Edwin Jagger Best Badger medium brush
Taylor Avocado
Derby Extra blades

I'll be spending the time between now and when my shipment arrives learning tricks of the trade on here. The forum is fantastic and the reviews have been very helpful! Thanks to all of you.

For anyone in the GTA that is into golf, feel free to message me. (RazoRock - I can help with the extra yards! :)

Cheers,

Mike

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome! I was busy doing hours of OCD deliberating and didn't see any of the advice listed till now.

I ordered the following from Fendrihan:

Merkur HD
Edwin Jagger Best Badger medium brush
Taylor Avocado
Derby Extra blades

I'll be spending the time between now and when my shipment arrives learning tricks of the trade on here. The forum is fantastic and the reviews have been very helpful! Thanks to all of you.

For anyone in the GTA that is into golf, feel free to message me. (RazoRock - I can help with the extra yards! :)

Cheers,

Mike

Sounds like you are on your way.. Great kit :thumbup: but I just don't like the Derby's myself.

Top Bottom