What's new

were to get beginner strop

I got mine from Whipped Dog, I nicked the hell out of it and have moved on with a new one from RupRazor.

For the money, you can't do much better. And having the Crox/FeO pasted balsa included just makes it a steal.

Ken's Filly is a great beginner's strop & actually good enough to use for many years to come (if you don't nick the hell out of it, like 99% percent of us do with our first strop :laugh:)

For those of us in the EU-area, that don´'t want to take our chances with customs fees, Neil Miller @ the Strop Shop has a good assortment of entry-level strops.

For you Australian guys, I just got a strop made for me by Legion. I'm still new to all this but the leather he uses feels great and seems like it is VERY well made for the price he charged me.

I have used it a few times now and it seems to be putting a great edge on my razor, even with my dubious technique. He got it to me really fast as well. Thanks Legion, I love it!

Legion

Staff member
For you Australian guys, I just got a strop made for me by Legion. I'm still new to all this but the leather he uses feels great and seems like it is VERY well made for the price he charged me.

I have used it a few times now and it seems to be putting a great edge on my razor, even with my dubious technique. He got it to me really fast as well. Thanks Legion, I love it!

Thanks Mark. I'm glad I was able to help. :001_smile

Throwing my 2 cents in for the Filly. I still use it as a travel strop and it is perfect in that capacity, once you get past the need for an intro strop. I've gotten some great shaves on the road because of that puppy.

Check out the starshavingsupplies strop on ebay. Excellent for the money. Search the forum here for reviews of it.

check out Starshaving.com. A fine product at a good price. Worth the money.

DISCLAIMER: I have no association with Star Shaving other than being a satisfied customer. The products I received from this firm I paid for with my own hard earned cash. Full price, no discount.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom