What's new

My Rudy Vey Shaving Brushes! (lots of pics!)

Hey all!

I'm new to the wet shaving world and wanted to show yall my new Rudy Vey shaving brushes! What sparked my interest in wet shaving was Bath and Body works CO Bigelow shaving cream(which I now know is Proraso shaving cream, which is awesome shaving cream!). One thing led to another and I found this forum! While browsing around this priceless forum, I saw some work done by Rudy and I knew I had to have him make me a brush!

I have never dealt with such a patient, friendly, and all around awesome guy. I must have sent him 1000 emails (and probably bothered him at times lol, but he never showed it, he always remained super friendly and answered all of my questions! I seriously can't recommend him enough, he made sure I was 100% happy and he must have made at least 6 or more mock brushes to make sure I was completely satisfied before he made the real one.

Now on to the pics :)!

I picked up this brush for my cousin's x-mas present, he's a huge Clemson University fan (yuck! I graduated from UNC, go heels!) I haven't given it to him yet, but I know he'll love it! It's a 24 mm standard silvertip, short loft

proxy.php

proxy.php

the second brush is for my younger cousin, it is faux ivory and a smaller version of my brush ;-)... I gave it to him tonight, he loved it! it's UK Super badger in 20 mm

proxy.php

two cousin brushes:

proxy.php

the final brush is mine, mine, mine! it is a copy of the glass jar, a few people have copied it on here. I believe it was originally design by Siv and Rudy? And yes I know, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;-)...
It is made out of real pre-ban elephant ivory, I LOVE it, the pictures don't do it justice at all! Rudy's work is truly something special, I'm wanting to pass this down to my future children and make it a heirloom! It's Silvertip Grade A in a 20 mm!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

and all three together:

proxy.php

I'd really like yalls opinions, questions, and comments! Thanks for looking :)!!!

Last edited:
Nice brushes and I'm sure that they will be much appreciated. The ivory one in particular is very special!
I actually used a Rudy Vey re-furb this morning- he is certainly a great guy.

Those are very nice brushes!

Rudy is a true professional. He was awesome to work with and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a custom brush that's built in the U.S.

Those are some good looking brushes! The ivory was a good choice for the glass jar shape. It looks very vintage and classy. I really like the orange one too.

I am working with Rudy now for a new brush. I can only echo all you said about him. He is a true class act.

Top Bottom