What's new

Shaving with a Gillette 1932 safety razor.

How many people have tried or shaved with a Gillette 1932 safety razor? After cleaning one up, I gave it a run, wasn't too bad, but found it to be a tad tame. I did three passes, but could be a bit closer. I also noticed the Gillette 1932 razors have different bottom plates, I have both. But they seem to have the same shaving edge/exposure?

I've recent shaved with a NEW improved --ca early '30s, open comb. Nice shaver. Perhaps a tad more aggressive than the '40s and later Techs. They are a fine razor with modern blades, the shave was typical of most Gillette Techs. I don't know about the exposure of the two razors you have, but if you like the shave they afford, use them.

-- John Gehman

How many people have tried or shaved with a Gillette 1932 safety razor? After cleaning one up, I gave it a run, wasn't too bad, but found it to be a tad tame. I did three passes, but could be a bit closer. I also noticed the Gillette 1932 razors have different bottom plates, I have both. But they seem to have the same shaving edge/exposure?

I have several and shave with them regularly. Feather blades work best for me in them.

Norm :boat:

Top Bottom