What's new

What are inexpensive yet very good DE blades?

Hello,

I shave with a Merkur 34C. I have been using Derby blades that cost all of about $.08 per blade. I've found the Derby blades to work well, but I'm wondering what other inexpensive yet good blades are out there.

1. What are some good yet inexpensive DE blades?
2. Where can I buy them?

George

Dorco SP301 are very good blades and cheap. 100 blades can be bought on Ebay for $10. Im a big fan of Wal Mart Wilkinson Sword also. They run about $1.75 a 10 blade dispencer.

I find the SuperMax Platinum and Indian Wilkinson blades to be very good for the money. Our very own Bayboo has them, and/or you can look for them on ebay.

eric.

Lou,

I think anything anything below about $0.20 per blade is inexpensive.

George

Last edited:
Chris,

I don't intend to go just on what others say. I intend to try them. Do you have any recommendations on inexpensive blades? This would be helpful.

George

Chris,

I don't intend to go just on what others say. I intend to try them. Do you have any recommendations on inexpensive blades? This would be helpful.

George

George,

I like the Astra Superior Platinums. Very nice, smooth, sharp blades. I think they now run around 18 cents a blade.

Check the Vendors section here, there are a bunch of companies that sell cheap sampler packs of different brands.

+1

unless you are really lucky and have a skin/stubble combination that any blade can remove I can recommend trying out at leat half a dozen different blades rather then going on price alone.

I'm lucky to be in England where I can get 600 SuperStainless Supermax blades for £13.99 which is £0.023 a blade and they work great for me. Having said that Feather blades are available for £ 0.20 per blade which is still good value compared to carts.

Another vote for Red Personnas.

It may seem rather obvious, but buying in bulk is cheaper than buying a single pack of 10 blades. I got a pack of 50 Reds off the bay for under $15 shipped. That's .30 a blade. It's not the .08 a blade you get with Derby but it's still great when compared to Fusion carts.

The least costly of my favorite blades in the Merkur HD is the Shark Super Stainless. You can get 300 for $23.90 USD delivered from the store34 vendor on eBay...that's a smidge less than 8 cents per unit. You might want to try them out first, of course. :001_smile

the least costly of my favorite blades in the merkur hd is the shark super stainless. You can get 300 for $23.90 usd delivered from the store34 vendor on ebay...that's a smidge less than 8 cents per unit. You might want to try them out first, of course. :001_smile

+1

Top Bottom