What's new

Ouch Ouch Ouch

As life is apt to do to all of us from time to time, this past week has been a bit stressful, the kind of stress where when the stressful situation starts to subside you begin to feel it in your shoulders and neck. Anywho, things started to calm down a bit yesterday. So after I arrived home from work today, and the little one was being put to bed, I said to myself, self let us go and relax with a slow relaxing shave. With ale in hand, into the bathroom I go, 'click' went the door and the world closed behind me. Was I in for a rude rough experience.

From time to time on this forum we read posts on those who find that great combination of razor, blade, and shaving cream/soap which combine for a terrific shave. What I found tonight was the antithesis of this experience.

Recently, I have been using a Gillette Gold Tech from the late '40's. it's gentler on my face now that I shave regularly since regaining employment this past November. (Previously, a '20's Gillette Bulldog was my razor of choice.) Tonight, I decided to go back to my '20's Gillette Bulldog with a Derby blade and Body Shop Maca Root shaving cream.

Ohhhhhh boy was that a mistake, no matter how careful I was with my technique, I managed to nick and irritate my skin like I was someone who never tried wet shaving before attempting to do it without any instructions. After my first pass I had to switch back to the Gold tech to finish up. It was a BAD combination of razor, blade, and shaving cream.

Any other fellow wet shavers experience a bad combination of razor, blade, and shaving cream/soap?

I like to experiment with different blade and razor combinations. I can usually tell if i have made a bad choice after a few strokes and stop there and finish of the shave with a trusted combination. No way am I going to continue with a bad combination, I don't want to carve my face up and have to take a break from shaving :thumbdown

Red tip with a Feather blade, it didn't work to well for me. That and anything with Crystal blades.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Sorry, it's not like saying Beatlejuice three times. You'll need to do a little more to get rid of me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom