What's new

Your most aggressive safety razor and blade combo

I just used a Aluminum Tech with a Shark Chrome. I must have messed up on the angle or something; really harsh shave and weepers galore.

I thought Techs were supposed to be mild :cursing:

Vision on #4 with an Indian Zorrik

full

Last edited by a moderator:
2011 R41 + Feather blade - no other DE razor/blade combo comes close. The R41 was always a challenge, even with milder blades, but it was never an enjoyable shave. The 2013 R41 feels like it is the most aggressive in my current stable. My Cobra may be just as aggressive, but it is more comfortable to use than the Muhle.

2011 R41 + Feather blade - no other DE razor/blade combo comes close. The R41 was always a challenge, even with milder blades, but it was never an enjoyable shave. The 2013 R41 feels like it is the most aggressive in my current stable. My Cobra may be just as aggressive, but it is more comfortable to use than the Muhle.

Fact.

The 2011 R41 lived up to its hype 100%.

So far either my Otto Roth LC with a GSB or my 2013 R41 with a GSB. I don't care for feathers. I have yet to master either of these razors and still get a fair amount of "bite" from them every shave. I can now get through an entire shave with either, but not without blood. I will master them however.

Slant and feather - not a bad combo but a bit aggressive for me, very easy to get irritation so I prefer something slightly less fierce like slant & derby/IP.

I would have to say that my most aggressive razor is a Gillette New Standard. Astra, Polsilver SI and Supermax blades are what I've used so far.

I also have a Slim and a Fatboy but I've never gone past 6 on the adjustment.

My 1920's Ball Tip OC with a new Gillette 7 o'clock black....tears my neck up something fierce. Look like vampires had gotten to me....

Easy. My Tech (yes, I said Tech) with an Astra SP, one shim, and I forgot to put the base plate on before I screwed on the handle.

3-way tie.
Joris, Cadet OC, NEW Deluxe 15 mm (with Polsilver SI).

The Joris may be the smoothest of the group, followed very closely by the Cadet.

Top Bottom