What's new

Your most aggressive safety razor and blade combo

a yet to be identified razor and a wilkinson sword blade, my first shave i did not even nick myself, i used that combo, half a dozen bleeds and irritation all over my neck

R41 Grande with a new Feather. Great for a first pass on a few days growth WTG, but not very friendly or forgiving on additional passes or for "finishing"/clean-up (especially around the chin). Really good prep, light touch, and not being in a rush are a must with this combo. My Sabi T2/Feather is a close second.

Four weeks into wet shaving. Been cycling through Silver Blues, Med Preps, 7 o'clock blacks, and Polsilver Super Iridiums. I'm off in Poland at a conference and had brought a packet of Feathers simply to use the plastic box as a used blade disposal unit. However, on an impulse, I popped in a Feather and opened the Mergress up to 5. A revelation. As clean and silky smooth a shave as I've ever had. Have to be careful; but with due care (no pressure!), no harm done, and a wonderful BBS that lasts most of the day.

Joe

That is a tough one to answer as it depends on what mood my face is in and how much growth is there......to level the playing field lets go with ideal skin, everyday shave, and minimal growth...... I would say my red tip with a AStra sp....... let now change it up and say ideal skin, 3 -4 days of growth it would be easily hands down my Merkur 37C slant bar or my Progress on 5 with a 7o'clock sharp edge or a feather but I only will get 1 use out of that feather.

R41 with Iridium Super, actual it is a aggressive no matter what the blade. I have to use a very sharp blade with razor.

Merkur Futur at 1, especially with a blade loaded. :w00t:

This is one razor I never got a comfortable shave from. OTOH haven't tried anything aggressive since I got my Feather AS-D1 based shaving system!

Top Bottom