What's new

Well, THAT was easy - Segal blade modification

Taking advice from another thread I used the old original Segal blade as a pattern on a new blade. I traced out the area to cut out and then used a pair of scissors with very short but gently curved blades to do the work. It was a snap - nothing to it at all. Ah, but handle those exposed blades with utmost care...

Got done and dropped the new blade into place, twisted the handle and it seated right down. Shaved away and heard what sounded like much louder rasping as the blade worked. Got done and, whewwww... these cheeks is s-m-o-o-t-h.

Studying my Segal, I arrived to the conclusion that two things must be done to make it a serviceable razor. First, grind the proprietary ridges down leaving the ends to hold the blade straight( covered here in a previous thread).
Next, locate a small pin to replace the rivet that holds the cover on, one that can be removed and replaced without too much trouble.

Well yes, that is true but...

It seems easier to simply trim a blade as needed. In ten minutes you could easily trim off five of them and be good for some time to come. You also don't alter the original razor.

I just shaved with my Segal and I LOVE the shave it gives. I also like the funkiness of how you change a blade. Very cool.

Top Bottom