What's new

"On the Optimum Hand Speed for Two-Blade Razor Shaving"

At the very end of the write up:

"Acknowledgments
One of the authors (PW) is grateful to Gillette Ltd. and in particular Joan Pumfrey for help, advice and experimental equipment. The other two authors use electric razors."

hahaha, made me laugh. I'll have to read through this when I'm not so tired.

So the other two authors aren't grateful? :001_smile

I like how they don't take the thing too seriously. Here's some more highlights.

"Clearly the wetness of the skin is crucial... One interesting case... [is] a shave performed on completely dry skin. Unfortunately we we unable to find volunteers to supply experimental data in this case, and none of the authors felt he was of sufficient moral fibre to provide the evidence himself."

"Since a blunt razor pulls the bristles farther before cutting, y0 may also be considered to have dimensions of pain per unit shave."

What would they call this unit of pain per unit shave?

What would they call this unit of pain per unit shave?

The Fusion Factor. :lol:

The point at which it hurts so bad to shave due to dull blades or too many blades that it is sufficient to release endorphins, thereby numbing the face and making you think are getting a good shave.

Sigh! This is no longer freely available. The downside of all the wonderful internet entrepreneurship is that someone will find a way to make a profit on anything and everything at the general expense.

Top Bottom