What's new

Merkur Moustache & Beard Razor?

Has anyone tried the Merkur moustache and beard razor? I didn't see a review of it in the reviews section.

It looks like it might be nice for trimming around moustaches and goats.

It's a good idea but the blades suck or at least the 10 pack that I bought with my razor many years ago fro the knife shop in the mall.
All the blades were so dull they would barely cut the hair on my arm, they just painfully tugged at my whiskers.

Thanks for the info. I may give it a pass. Seems like a good idea for trimming around facial hair, too bad it sounds like it's not well executed.

drysideshooter,

I have one that you may have for free. I found it in my stash a few weeks ago.
I have a box of blades as well. I have no use for it so if you would like it, it's yours. Just PM me your info.

Last edited:
I've got the Merkur mustache razor and I like it. I'll admit the blades could be a little better. For me, the blades are sharp enough, but they could extend out of the razor a little further. The way it is now, it seems it will only stick out on one side at a time - either the narrower or the wider side but not both. Nevertheless I use it once a week to clean up around the goatee. I've used it maybe 10 times, and I'm still on the 1st blade so I have 9 more to go before I neeed a new box. Given the chance, I'd buy it again...but YMMV.

Freehand

H

Hagbard

drysideshooter,

I have one that you may have for free. I found it in my stash a few weeks ago.
I have a box of blades as well. I have no use for it so if you would like it, it's yours. Just PM me your info.

Xillion, did drysideshooter take you up on this offer? If not, I would be interested in discussing further ...

P

Pjotr

I've got one which I was using faithfully to shave between the nose and the top of the mo when I was using cartridges. Using a three piece DE makes it redundant cause I'm finding I can get in just as easy. I'm sure it'll be in use again when I get my adjustable.

Top Bottom