What's new

Le Labo Rose 31 vs Creed Windsor

Anybody else sniffed these side by side?

Le Labo Rose is a beautiful scent but stays fairly linear on my skin. Creed Windsor takes you on an amazing journey and the drydown to me ends up very similar to Le Labo Rose.

I can't say that I have tried them side by side, but I haven't really noticed any similarities.

Although I like them both, Windsor wins for me hands down.

Have not tried these side by side and cannot speak to a similar dry down. I agree that Windsor has amazing evolution. It is a very distinctive rose which smells nicely masculine to me, without being a dark rose.

I do not get much if any actual rose from Labo 31. I like the scent and it has good floral notes. It just does not seem like a rose scent.

If I get a chance I may try side by side to get to the dry down.

Interesting. Never thought of referencing these against each other. I have both.

But indeed both have a rose note, and both end up primarily a cedar scent.

I think Rose 31 is much "louder" and more modern. It is more linear- or at the very least, it is less complex.

Windsor is probably using better ingredients and is more discreet and elegant. Windsor is also more a complex blend of notes. There seems to be more phases to Windsor than Rose 31 has.

I like them both.

Last edited:
I agree with Stylin's comments. While there might be some vague similarity between the two, Rose 31 is much stronger and has more "woods" in it. Windsor has a lot more going on, IMO, and is much more discreet.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I have them sitting side by side as we speak. Stylin sums it up pretty well. Each have a green scent IMHO. And they do smell very similar. I take Windsor by an inch or two over the 31. I do love both scents though.

I have them sitting side by side as we speak. Stylin sums it up pretty well. Each have a green scent IMHO. And they do smell very similar. I take Windsor by an inch or two over the 31. I do love both scents though.

I don't get the green scent from either but as you also noticed, side by side they smell quite similar.

I love them both and also give Windsor the win for being far more interesting and elegant overall. After a few hours though, with Windsor on one arm and Le Labo on the other arm the similarities to my nose are very noticeable. I'm talking similarities only though, I'm not saying they are identical.

Thanks for chiming in on this one gents, everyone's opinion is of course completely valid. If you haven't actually tried them side by side though, I recommend it for an interesting rose and cedar experience.

I have tried them both and like Rose 31 much more than Windsor. I find Windsor too old fashioned, and much too powdery, compared to the nice straight forward linear approach of the Le Labo.

Top Bottom