What's new

T&H Shampoo

Have any of you guys used T&H Shampoo. I dropped what I thought was a thin plastic bottle in the shower with the bottle breaking and losing all teh contents. T&H says the bottle is glass???? Looks like cheap thin plastic to me!!!!

At one time T&H used glass bottles but that was years ago. They now use plastic for their older shampoos as well as their modern ones.

this was my conversation with T&H. How do you think I should proceed? According to what you are saying, he is lying

Hello Jason,

Sorry to hear about your incident. Our glass bottles, like anything glass, will break if dropped on a tile floor. The best we can offer is a 15% discount on a new bottle.

Best Regards,

Todd

Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:45 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: thin plastic bottle

Dear T&H,

I recently purchased a bottle of Grafton shampoo at a local men's fine clothing store. While using it for the first time in the shower this morning, it fell to the tile floor. The bottom half of the bottle shattered and I lost contents of the bottle.

Sincerely,

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason, it's your call. I have bought several of their shampoos in the past few years including West Indian Limes, Trafalgar and their modern shampoos and they were all plastic. I don't know if you have an argument since the bottle shattered due to an accident and not defective material. Good luck.

It sounds like you dropped it... right? One point T&H
But EVERYBODY drops plastic bottles, right? Two points OP.

OP should win... the bottles are defective.

First of all......T&H says the bottle is glass....the bottle is not glass, it is cheap, thin, brittle plastic.
Second.....I've dropped bottles of shampoo many times in the shower, and they didn't burst.
Third.....does any company sell shampoo in glass bottles?????

I would think that it comes down to the material of the bottle.

Is it glass or not? If it is, then there is not much that you can do. Accidents happen, and no one is likely responsible. However, that being said, if the bottle is supposed to be plastic and they are stating that it is, then it was defective and therefore should be replaced.

I have purchased many things from them and have never had any issues, so this is unfortunate. If you are looking for another great shampoo set I would recommend "American Crew" recovery system.

I'd take the 15%.
It was an accident and the product isn't defective.
If the product was advertised as 'shatter proof' etc etc then you may be good.

Sorry, but I am surprised that you even wrote the email.

Part of me hopes you get a free bottle just for the effort and for raising this with them.

- Aaron

I have 3 bottles of T&H shampoo and they are all plastic. I would say take the 15% discount. If I dropped a jar of mayo i wouldn't expect Kraft to pay for it. Sounds like they really helped you out with that one.

not wasting my time with T&H.....went back to the mens clothing store where I bought it, told them the story.....bought a dress shirt, and as the sales assoc put it in the bag, he threw in another bottle at no charge.

Top Bottom