What's new

Anybody read this book on shaving?

I received that book for Christmas and I'm reading it right now. I showed my fiance some wet shaving items I wanted for Christmas and she found that book as well and surprised me with it. So far it has been a very interesting read, and I strongly recommend it to a new wet shave converts or anyone interested in wet shaving.

The writer of that book came to the B&B as a newbie and we taught him how to wetshave.

Everything you need to know is available here and available interactively.

AT NO COST TO YOU.:thumbup1:

My coworker got the book. It is fairly basic and done on a budget.

You wont learn anything you wouldn't learn here....in fact you will learn more here

I've read it.
Pretty much everything that's been said is true.
It looks good on your shelf, but you'll learn more here.

I've read it.
Pretty much everything that's been said is true.
It looks good on your shelf, but you'll learn more here.

True, but I think it still has its place as a quick reference and tool to introduce wet shaving to the neophyte. I had been wet shaving for years with very basic locally available tools and my dad's old razor. I got his book as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago, and that's how I discovered this wonderful community and really initially got the spark of interest in collecting and all my current ADs. Obviously there is much more complete information here, but it was a gateway for me, and for that I appreciate its value. I have gifted the book to a few others who are were not currently wet shavers but who I felt were primed for conversion.

I found Leisureguy's blog and bought his book before I found Badger and Blade, so it's what really got me started with wet shaving.

His blog is interesting, but I still spend approximately a 1000% more time on here than there.

On a side note, there is WAY too much drama over shaving online. Yeesh.

Top Bottom