What's new

Setting them up right

I've been DE shaving for about 2 months, and whenever my Dad and brother come over, I catch them checking out all my shave stuff. They both live in cartridge land, so I thought I'd set them up with DE setups of their own so we can share the experience...

proxy.php

'69 Gillette SS Black handle
'54 Gillette SS Silver handle

Omega 10066 Boar brush ivory color
Omega 10049 Boar brush red color

WCS Economy blade sampler (Dorco, Derby, Personna, Crystal; 35 blades total)

White and Blue bowls from Target

147g tub Omega Cream (pretty much same as Proraso)

2oz Pinaud Clubman (reused Red Bull shot container :blink:)

5g samples of the following:
Godrej
Ingram
Musgo Real
AOS Lemon
TOBS Mr. Taylor
Speick

I think it makes a pretty decent started kit, especially since they can share blades and creams....

That's pretty nice of you, and it puts your dad and brother way ahead of those of us who started with a drugstore kit costing $5.99. Just be sure to share the B&B address with them, too!

Great looking kit to start with. I bet many would find that setup more than sufficient.

I'm working on setting up my nephew. Picked up the same bowl at Target, great latherer by the way, and have a black handled SS on the way.

Very nice of you to do this for both of them.

Charlie

I've been DE shaving for about 2 months, and whenever my Dad and brother come over, I catch them checking out all my shave stuff. They both live in cartridge land, so I thought I'd set them up with DE setups of their own so we can share the experience...

proxy.php

'69 Gillette SS Black handle
'54 Gillette SS Silver handle

Omega 10066 Boar brush ivory color
Omega 10049 Boar brush red color

WCS Economy blade sampler (Dorco, Derby, Personna, Crystal; 35 blades total)

White and Blue bowls from Target

147g tub Omega Cream (pretty much same as Proraso)

2oz Pinaud Clubman (reused Red Bull shot container :blink:)

5g samples of the following:
Godrej
Ingram
Musgo Real
AOS Lemon
TOBS Mr. Taylor
Speick

I think it makes a pretty decent started kit, especially since they can share blades and creams....

Very nice! Can I be your brother, or dad depending on your age, for awhile please?

Smiler:

Wow! What a great son/brother you are. I'm sure once they are up and running they will thank you many times over. Make sure you refer them to B&B so they can share their experiences. Well done, my friend! :thumbup:

Don

Nice work, they're gonna love it.

Now you need to schedule a shaving boot camp and lead them into the light.

Now you need to schedule a shaving boot camp and lead them into the light.

Exactly. They need to know that step 1 is USE NO PRESSURE, and step 2 is all about blade angle. I wouldn't want to hand them the gear and not give some instruction.

...and they will be well informed of B&B! :thumbup:

That's awsome, I'm putting together one now for a friend.
Be sure to look at what's available locally.
Some people won't/don't want to order from the internet.
Of course, because they are family they will be likely to come to you anyway for more stuff.

Top Bottom