What's new

Truefitt & Hill Samples, Is this really how much i use?

I recently got two Truefitt & Hill sample packs from a recent trade, and i used one yesterday, i was just wondering if this is how much cream i should use for ALL my creams.

The packs are 5ml and i did the calculations and if i use 5ml each time a tube of Proraso or Bigelow would last me 30 days if i used 5ml each time.

I found that each T&H sample was good for 2~3 shaves. If you were using the whole packet at once, its too much.

I found that each T&H sample was good for 2~3 shaves. If you were using the whole packet at once, its too much.

+1. Definitely lasted me 2~3 shaves (actually just 2 because I discovered irritation on T&H scented creams and had to discard them).

I normally would get about 2 shaves out of each of the little blister packs. Some say they can get 3, others only 1. I think it really depends on your familliarity with the product. I have several T&H creams and know how they lather with my brushes. I can now probably get one of those pacts to last a solid 3 shaves but not have enough for a 4th.

+1. Definitely lasted me 2~3 shaves (actually just 2 because I discovered irritation on T&H scented creams and had to discard them).

Agreed, 2-3 shaves with their samplers. And oddly enough I also get moderate irritation from their scented products, even the ASBs. Glad they make samples!!

Because I have harder water and usually do 4 passes, I use more product so I tend to get only 2 shaves from most samples. It also depends on the cream. With a harder cream like Harris and CF, I start with half the amount of a softer cream like ToBS. After a few shaves you figure out how much cream you need. I find samples are too small for me to reach a conclusion on how good a cream is. I like to go with a tube or tub.

well, i used the whole packet. I'm kind of glad i did since i did not like the smell of the Tralfager scent.

Samplers are great in that way. If you don't like them, you haven't lost much anyway.
The only one I really liked from the pack was Grafton( Well, I kinda liked 1805 to, but my wife did not, so no deal). I ended up buying a Grafton cream and asb. Really love that scent, and it performs well on my face as well.

So 5ml is too much cream, so theoretically a tube of Bigelow should last me like a month and a half? or more?

Though i do need to use a bit more cream/soap than normal since my water is hard.

5 ml is too much. I use less cream because I facelather, if you bowl lather you may need more. 2-3 uses per sample.

- Aaron

Ok, i have a set of measuring spoons here, if i used one of those, which one should i use?

Imperial System of measurement please.

Here is what I would do...

Buy Simpson Chubby 3 in Super and use the whole sample in one shot. You need lots more cream to load a brush of this size and its the only way to go. Wasting luxury creams = more luxury!

I got 4 shaves out of all of my samples. I usually do just 2 passes and touchups, but I would have had enough lather for a third pass each shave. I enjoyed every one of the samples, too!!

Last edited:
Well, i suppose i could make it last 4 days if i used my C&E or Omega brush, but my big old Shavemac brush demands more cream than those smaller, looser brushes.

I think i could get 2 days with my Shavemac.

Top Bottom