What's new

Strawberry Margarita Recipe

It's Strawberry pickin time in Virginia and my wife and kids got a bunch today.....so, does anyone have a good recipe for Strawberry Margarita's you would be willing to share?

Going to get more strawberries today. My wife is partial to margaritas but does not like rum, so no daiquiri .... unfortunatly.

Any more Strawberry Margarita recipes? Post em please!

I really don't like frozen drinks; there's just too much ice which eventually turns everything into a watery mess.

Instead, I would simply muddle a few strawberries into a normal margarita:

In mixing glass, muddle 4 strawberries and add
3 oz blanco tequila
2 oz Cointreau (triple sec in a pinch)
1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
shake well and strain through a mesh hand seive into two chilled cocktail glasses.
garnish with thick slice of strawberry.

I really don't like frozen drinks; there's just too much ice which eventually turns everything into a watery mess.

3 oz blanco tequila
shake well and strain through a mesh hand seive into two chilled cocktail glasses.

Or, you could just dump the whole shaken mass into a collins glass and top with a little soda...

I've made them a number of ways, but what really helps things along is to freeze your strawberries and use them as much as possible instead of ice. That keeps the drink from becoming too watery.

3 oz blanco tequila

I've had one this way and it was very good. No straining, though. The pulp remained with the ice and made for a crunchy, tasty end to the drink. BTW, I appreciate your definition of a "normal" margarita: fresh juice, Cointreau, and silver/platinum/white/blanco tequila.

I agree with freezing the strawberries, adding ice just dilutes the drink especially as it melts.
I don't drink frozen cocktails but I worked as a bartender in my early twenties.

Try
Five or six frozen strawberries----I like the hood variety if you can find them
1 oz orange juice----fresh squeezed if you can
juice of one lime
1 oz cointreau
2 oz of your favorite silver tequila

This isn't traditional at all with the OJ but it really rounds out the drink and I never had one complaint in five years of bartending.

Another year, another mess of strawberries....the call goes out for more drink recipies.

I have a juicer, I think I'm going to juice a bunch to make a base for the drinks..

If you juice a bunch of strawberries you could freeze the juice and use that for ice. That way you would have a great frozen drink that wouldn't get diluted as the ice melted.

Top Bottom