What's new

I WILL NOT buy any more shaving related items.

I've been browsing this site for an hour+ and i found the "post your shave den" topic in the "dark room" forum. After ogling the pictures there i walked into my bathroom and realized that i have TOO MUCH stuff. I just bought 4 tubes of Bigelow from B&BW and had to rearrange my entire cabinet under the sink to fit the tubes in.

If the cabinet was empty i could crawl into it with room to spare, i know, i have had to do it to fix the sink when the drain collar cracked.

Three words......Buy, Sell, Trade

I plan to do that some time in the future. I have to use my razors to see which ones i want to keep and which ones to get rid of. I dont think i'm going to be selling any of my soaps or creams since i have already gotten rid of the stuff that i dont like

I've found that the best defense against buying any more in a category of items is to lose interest. I've reached that point with soaps and creams, and probably with blades. Vintage razors are still a temptation, though.

Everyone says B/S/T, but frankly, I've never considered it either for buying or selling soaps, and probably wouldn't. I might try to sell a couple of extra razors. With consumables, though, if you just stop buying them, then somewhere down the line ( a long way down the line for some of us), you will have gotten your stores down to a manageable level. In ten years, you should be able to crawl under your sink again.:thumbup:

Why the heck would you buy four tubes of the same cream? I'm guessing just one would last 5 years. On one hand there's acquisition disorder, and the other is closer to hoarding.

Why the heck would you buy four tubes of the same cream? I'm guessing just one would last 5 years. On one hand there's acquisition disorder, and the other is closer to hoarding.

5 years is a little extreme, maybe 2 years is a closer estimate, all i know is i WILL have to buy blades before i even come CLOSE to running out of soaps, creams, or aftershaves.

Once all my Derbys are gone, the only blade i will be using is the Israeli Personna, thats at least one thing i can settle on.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
SilverKarn:
I glad you have more restraint than many of us B & B members... because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

But like Slivovitz was stating and I agree, that the "Best defense against buying any more in a category of items is to lose interest". For me, I'm set on razors (Merkur's 23C & 38C), soap (Chelsea's Unscented), AS (Clubman Special Reserve), still going through my raazor blade plus my Czech & Speake samplers, but still have a 'thing' for Ever Ready brushes.

Christopher
proxy.php

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I've been browsing this site for an hour+ and i found the "post your shave den" topic in the "dark room" forum. After ogling the pictures there i walked into my bathroom and realized that i have TOO MUCH stuff. I just bought 4 tubes of Bigelow from B&BW and had to rearrange my entire cabinet under the sink to fit the tubes in.

If the cabinet was empty i could crawl into it with room to spare, i know, i have had to do it to fix the sink when the drain collar cracked.
You really should buy some P160 while you can :biggrin1:

You don't need 4 tubes of Bigelow, but you do need one.

and you need a tube of Speick

And you need a tube of Musgo

and you need Palmolive shave stick.

SilverKarn:
I glad you have more restraint than many of us B & B members... because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

But like Slivovitz was stating and I agree, that the "Best defense against buying any more in a category of items is to lose interest". For me, I'm set on razors (Merkur's 23C & 38C), soap (Chelsea's Unscented), AS (Clubman Special Reserve), still going through my raazor blade plus my Czech & Speake samplers, but still have a 'thing' for Ever Ready brushes.

Christopher
proxy.php

beat me to it! :wink2:

marty

I honestly thought I was one of a rare few who keeps on buying stuff. I'm just now getting into soap, and man, there are so many. I was in a razor war, trying so many different types, but finally settled.

So now it is soap...next is brushes, then perhaps a custom made razor.

Arent the butterscotch handles SO cool?

I'm not sure I want to stop actually!

I had to move most of my stuff from the bathroom to the hall cupboard (and the stuff I still have in the bathroom looks a lot!).

However I have made it 11 days through 2011 without buying anything shaving related. Only 354 to go . . . I'll be interested to see how much of a dent has been put in the supplies by then.

Top Bottom