What's new

Valet Question for the experts

Has anyone ever seen this type of Valet? I see the "cloth case" ones all the time, but have never seen a metal case one like this. I was hoping its more rare than your standard valet. The strop is hiding in the back of the case, btw

The razor looks like the gold coloured Valet I shaved with this morning (so-so shave), but the case is different. Mine is a blue plastic case 'Wallkit' designed to be stuck on a wall or mirror.

The 'Directions For Mounting' include "...but do not strop razor until adhesive has set overnight". Since I have a second strop hanging on the back of the door I don't use the Valet one. I can just see trying to strop with this mounted on the mirror, and pulling the mirror off the wall!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have 2, one gold, one silver, both in metal boxes. I do not shave with them though. One I can not get the blade to release, and I am not going to try to trim a SE blade to fit the other.

I have 2, one gold, one silver, both in metal boxes. I do not shave with them though. One I can not get the blade to release, and I am not going to try to trim a SE blade to fit the other.

Do you have any idea what something like this would be worth? The regular kind in the cloth/leather box without the strap are considered by many to be worthless, mainly because they don't have the strop. I got it in a lot and considering selling it. But if its only worth like $5 then I might as well play with it

I have a similar one from Canada. Not sure if it makes it more valuable. I have picked up NOS sets for $15-20. I love the Valets. OK shavers, but fun to look at! :) I would just keep it!!

I have one that looks the same, it's not mottled, all green.

I got it in a lot with lots of other razors.

I don't believe they are very valuable for several reasons. Blades out of production, more work than replacing a SE or DE, and not very good shavers in comparison to other razors.

I do think it's cool and at it's time was probably convenient. now they aren't quite so desirable to be used. To collect, sure.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Do you have any idea what something like this would be worth? The regular kind in the cloth/leather box without the strap are considered by many to be worthless, mainly because they don't have the strop. I got it in a lot and considering selling it. But if its only worth like $5 then I might as well play with it

Unless you find someone desperately wanting one for a collection they do not have a lot of value. I think they are cool and every collection should have one. If I find one really cheap I pick it up. Someday someone will want one and I may be able to help them out.

You can get Feather SE blades that fit all the Valets at RazorBladesandmore.com I just got some and they work great in all of mine.

I've shaved with these Valet razors for a while now, and they give an excellent shave. BBS with two passes using a modified GEM blade. The Feather SE blades with the cutouts will fit this razor, and supposedly give a more than excellent shave. I'm just waiting for RB&M to carry them again.

nice autostrop greekguy are you going to clean it up. ive got the different type thats in the cardboard box my strop looks pretty NOS.

proxy.php
[/IMG]

This is a photo of mine. It's a C model in silver-plate. The case is as nice as the razor.

I am no valet expert at all, I have got a nos valet, complete in cardboard box with receipt, bought it for next to nothing, they are the bay here in the uk all the time, sell for peanuts usually, and the "buy now" don't sell, give it a clean and see what it looks like, I have had valets in metal boxes before, not sure if the one I have now is or not!

Top Bottom