What's new

What's Brewing - 2011

Brewed my first cup of Bali Kintamani from my buddy Paul at Hand Crafted Java this morning. The aroma was compelling - blueberries - and man, was it tasty.:thumbup:

Like every other morning, macchiato (Lavazza Rosa - 70% arabica, 30% robusta, medium roasted + Tonka fresh milk with 3,2% of milk fat)

I forgot to bring the coffee home after work yesterday, so we had to settle for tea this morning. Lapsang Souchong.

Sweet Maria's Espresso Workshop #12. Believe it or not, this is actually from my super-auto delonghi magnifica (both the espresso and microfoam)

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Guricha from Den's Tea. Very mellow and maybe a little too vegetal while drinking, but with a really sweet aftertaste. I'm on the fence about whether or not I like this enough to buy it again.

Sweet Maria's Rwanda Remera Nyarusiza, roasted to around Full City.

It's a pretty well balanced, all around pleasing cup of coffee. I could serve this to a coffee snob or my parents, and it'd go over reasonably well. Brewed w/Chemex paper filter today and the Coava KONE tomorrow (may update this post w/some notes about that).

Here's my daily Royal Malabar, monsoon-stored coffee. Tried it with milk today, but it's better without. The cup is a C&E cup my ex got me for Christmas last year as a part of a hot chocolate set.

proxy.php

proxy.php

French press, by the way.

Nice art. But... why? :001_huh:

Some folks just enjoy it - a little pagentry keeps it interesting sometimes. My wife doesn't drink coffee, but sometimes enjoys watching me make it. I turn up the flare for her once in a while. :laugh:

In my cup today, Sweet Maria's Costa Rica Manantiales - Finca Fidel, roasted on Wednesday to FC/FC+ (I think I avoided 2nd crack, but there's a little oil). Prominent acidity and brightness, fruity/juicy flavors, a hint of nut in the background. Not exactly big on body, but not wimpy either. Really tasty.

I ran out of coffee this week & had to resort to a late night run to the grocery store... Just can't bring myself to fork over the $ for Illy, so I picked up some Kicking Horse Coffee 454 Horse Power Dark. It is described as a heavy bodied Indonesian, with rich earthy and cocoa tones... I really think they must have been drinking something else when they came up with that tripe. The can said they bring it up to a full 454 degrees during roasting & I don't doubt that for a second. Charred, bitter, nasty, nasty stuff...

I just showed my wife the i-Roast2, SR 500, & Behmore... I really like the looks of the Behmore, but I'll have to save my pennies. Seems it would pay for itself in less than a year.

Got rid of my previous espresso machine (had some problems with it) and the new machine/grinder makes a pretty substantial difference to the Guatemala Ojercaibal I roasted up.

nothings brewing at my house, i usually have my coffee first thing in the morning out.

I've got something like 20+ coffee shops within 3 minutes of my house.

lately, Courier Coffee has been BLOWING my mind. Im not kidding when i say it's possibly the best i've had. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Got rid of my previous espresso machine (had some problems with it) and the new machine/grinder makes a pretty substantial difference to the Guatemala Ojercaibal I roasted up.

You got rid of the DeLonghi or the Brewtus? The grinder is still a Vario, right?

Top Bottom