What's new

What's Brewing - 2011

Guatemala Finca La Maravilla, roasted by Anderson's Coffee in Austin, TX. I'm putting roast level at Full City+ based on appearance of beans and flavor of brew.

Brewed in my 8-cup Chemex in a two-step pour/stir taking 4 minutes total.

Heavy chocolate and nuts. Medium-bodied. Very nice.

Ethiopia Sidamo Yirgacheffe in my French Press this morning... Oily beans that are full of bright flavors. Definitely one of my favorites.

A Kenyan from Kean Coffee in the TVorm. Since I haven't had a chance to revive the Behmor (or buy a new one) I've been buying from a local roaster, who happens to be owned by Martin Diedrich.

Just disovered a flavored coffee that has me head over heels for some reason Highlander Grog I know that it's a somewhat common flavoring but dang it's tasty. Usually not a flavoring fan but this just got me somehow. Otherwise today, it's 8 O'Clock beans, good cheap stuff. Though I wish I could afford/justify some of the nice freshly roasted Sumatra that a local coffee shop does.

Portland Brew Coffee "Portland Blend". Gift from my sister in-law. Not sure how she knows the place (she travels a lot though). It's nice - makes me wish I could still chug coffee like I used to, but I can't handle all the caffeine.

Kean Coffee Big Island 100% Pure Hawaiian. Exclusive to Kean on the mainland. An outstanding bean and roast.

Home roasted Burman Coffee Trader Jumpstart - french roast.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63-xnpFGWVc[/YOUTUBE]

I just had what I believe is the worst example of a double espresso at a local coffee/tea shop that is supposed to have a good reputation. It had visible crema for only about 15 seconds, and it tasted like very strong coffee. It seemed like a lot of volume for a double to me - it must have been close to 4 oz.

My problem is that I don't think I've ever had a decent espresso and, therefore, have absolutely no reference point or baseline for comparison. Meh.

R
I just had what I believe is the worst example of a double espresso at a local coffee/tea shop that is supposed to have a good reputation. It had visible crema for only about 15 seconds, and it tasted like very strong coffee. It seemed like a lot of volume for a double to me - it must have been close to 4 oz.

My problem is that I don't think I've ever had a decent espresso and, therefore, have absolutely no reference point or baseline for comparison. Meh.

Where in Ca do you live?

R

Where in Ca do you live?

SoCal, near Del Mar. I checked the coffeegeek website for suggestions. I might need to go on a quest and look into the suggested spots. I am definitely not an espresso drinker, so this could either be good times :thumbup1: or a waste of time and money :thumbdown

SoCal, near Del Mar. I checked the coffeegeek website for suggestions. I might need to go on a quest and look into the suggested spots. I am definitely not an espresso drinker, so this could either be good times :thumbup1: or a waste of time and money :thumbdown

Bummer, if you're ever up in the bay area - shoot me a PM.

Sweet Maria's Kenya Kirinyaga AA Gakuyu-ini - naked PF extraction...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH8a9M0c6ps[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom