Thread: What's Brewing - 2011

Hybrid View

Images

Default What's Brewing - 2011

What's in your mug today?

Joe's Dark from Trader Joe's
    decent cup when made properly in a French press
    The Name's Joe.

Homeroasted Guatemala Finca San Jose Ocana.

The last of my Black Cat Organic Espresso brewed in a Bialetti Break this morning...
    Peter

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Java Estate to a full city +

Images

Sumatra Mandheling (Wet Hulled)

A and A 90 of course.

Like every other morning, macchiato (Lavazza Rosa - 70% arabica, 30% robusta, medium roasted + Tonka fresh milk with 3,2% of milk fat)

Images

I forgot to bring the coffee home after work yesterday, so we had to settle for tea this morning. Lapsang Souchong.
    [FONT=arial black][URL="http://ajcoffeeco.com"][COLOR=#ff0000]AJ Coffee Co.[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT]: Fresh Roasted Coffee | code:[FONT=arial black]B&BCafe2013[/FONT] for 10% Off!

10. Default

Sweet Maria's Espresso Workshop #12. Believe it or not, this is actually from my super-auto delonghi magnifica (both the espresso and microfoam)

- Joel
    joel (at) badgerandblade.com

Images

Guricha from Den's Tea. Very mellow and maybe a little too vegetal while drinking, but with a really sweet aftertaste. I'm on the fence about whether or not I like this enough to buy it again.

Nothing exotic. Just the usual Starbuck's House Blend w/ a splash of milk.
    Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulet

Images

Had a Chemex of this with my wife this morning. Very tasty.
    [FONT=arial black][URL="http://ajcoffeeco.com"][COLOR=#ff0000]AJ Coffee Co.[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT]: Fresh Roasted Coffee | code:[FONT=arial black]B&BCafe2013[/FONT] for 10% Off!

14. Default

Got rid of my previous espresso machine (had some problems with it) and the new machine/grinder makes a pretty substantial difference to the Guatemala Ojercaibal I roasted up.
    - Joel

Images

nothings brewing at my house, i usually have my coffee first thing in the morning out.

I've got something like 20+ coffee shops within 3 minutes of my house.

lately, Courier Coffee has been BLOWING my mind. Im not kidding when i say it's possibly the best i've had.
    Last edited by joshmpdx; 04-10-2011 at 11:38 PM.
    -josh

Images

Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Got rid of my previous espresso machine (had some problems with it) and the new machine/grinder makes a pretty substantial difference to the Guatemala Ojercaibal I roasted up.
    You got rid of the DeLonghi or the Brewtus? The grinder is still a Vario, right?
    -Josh

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JPDyson View Post
    You got rid of the DeLonghi or the Brewtus? The grinder is still a Vario, right?
    Got rid of the brewtus (replaced it with a Vivaldi) and added a Compak K10 WBC grinder. Still using the Vario as well...
    - Joel

espresso from LAVAZZA crema e gusto, ground yesterday. Had espresso in morning, aeropress in the PM. Both excellent.
    Nico.

Images

I don't usually do coffee on weekday mornings, but the stars aligned for this one. The iRoast is boxed up (for a buyer that fell through - still available) and the Behmor isn't landing until Thursday (no time to roast and rest for the weekend). We were out at our local Earth Fare (hippy food store) and needed to spend $10 to score some free local/organic chicken salad (which the wifey loves). There it was - a 12oz bag of locally-roasted coffee I'd been wanting to sample, date on the bag - April 5. Edit: Did I mention the $1 coupon beside it? That'll do nicely.

Good cuppa, thanks to Chemex + Kone. It's mostly body and spice, no brightness or acidity to speak of - yet clean. Very nice.

Edit 2 (thanks Jasonian): Counter Culture 1922 Mocha & Java is the coffee, btw...
    Last edited by JPDyson; 04-12-2011 at 10:46 AM.
    -Josh

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JPDyson View Post
    I don't usually do coffee on weekday mornings, but the stars aligned for this one. The iRoast is boxed up (for a buyer that fell through - still available) and the Behmor isn't landing until Thursday (no time to roast and rest for the weekend). We were out at our local Earth Fare (hippy food store) and needed to spend $10 to score some free local/organic chicken salad (which the wifey loves). There it was - a 12oz bag of locally-roasted coffee I'd been wanting to sample, date on the bag - April 5. Edit: Did I mention the $1 coupon beside it? That'll do nicely.

Good cuppa, thanks to Chemex + Kone. It's mostly body and spice, no brightness or acidity to speak of - yet clean. Very nice.
    You didn't tell us what the coffee is.