What's new

Morris & Forndran Super Badger?

it'd be nice if every brush maker would grade the hair on a set scale.

+1 to that! Though with different suppliers and knot making techniques that might be even more misleading. There would be no "warning" to look into what the grading might mean.

Agreed. I'm also in favor of regulating the individual badgers, to require their hair growth to conform to ISO-designated length, stiffness, and softness standards.

But seriously, aren't the almost-nonsensical hair grades part of the charm? How would we justify the SBAD?

Last edited:
the email i got back from classicshaving said that the rooney silvertip was a little better grade of hair than the M & F super badger. still for the price is a nice looking brush.

I have a M&F, and a Rooney 1/2, and I think the M&F is a better bristle. the tips are whiter and softer, but with just a bit more stifness, if that makes sense. I face lather mostly and feel it when I'm using the brush. The Rooney is just a little scritchier than the M&F, plus the M&F seems to give up the lather better. It's just my take on it, YMMV.

Last edited:
I have a Blonde, and to my knowledge it is different than the super. The Blonde is an excellent 2-band. It has outstanding characteristics for the price, imho. One must go directly to Mr. Sabini or to ebay uk to obtain Blonde. I am not affiliated, shill etc. Very impressed user that purchased at full price. Regards, Bradley

I have a Blonde, and to my knowledge it is different than the super. The Blonde is an excellent 2-band. It has outstanding characteristics for the price, imho. One must go directly to Mr. Sabini or to ebay uk to obtain Blonde. I am not affiliated, shill etc. Very impressed user that purchased at full price. Regards, Bradley

Thanks. You are correct. The Classic Shaving is NOT the Blonde Badger, but a lower grade. I just called Classic Shaving to confirm that. They said they are getting some of the blonde badgers in a a couple of weeks, but that they will be "considerably more expensive" than the super.

I have both the brush from Classic Shaving and the 2-band finest from Lee Sabini, and I like the 2-band so much that I'm ordering another 2-band from Lee with a slightly larger knot, and longer handle.

These are AWESOME brushes for the money, and I believe it to be the best brush I own for face lathering, so much so that I will be selling my Simpson's Ehsan in 2-band finest to fund the custom Morris and Forndran mentioned above.

The Classic Shaving brush is also a very nice brush, but not as stiff as the 2-band, very soft at the tips and a pleasure to work with.

Buy them, they are great and really worth the money, plus Lee is a pleasure to work with!

:thumbup:

Good to see I'm not alone in feeling that the blonde 2-band is a best buy. The one direct from Lee arrived promptly. E-bay purchase is taking a while to arrive. Figured a small horn needed, so it's on the way as well. Once available at retail, I'm sure the availability from Lee will be limited. Justification?:lol: It is an easy decision to use this brush every morning. Hard to go wrong, and Lee is great to deal with and makes a heck of a brush. Imho, these are worth ~100-125 retail, and would still be a fantastic brush.:thumbup:Regards, Bradley I paid for all 3, but don't tell swmbo.:blush:

Last edited:
Good to see I'm not alone in feeling that the blonde 2-band is a best buy. The one direct from Lee arrived promptly. E-bay purchase is taking a while to arrive. Figured a small horn needed, so it's on the way as well. Once available at retail, I'm sure the availability from Lee will be limited. Justification?:lol: It is an easy decision to use this brush every morning. Hard to go wrong, and Lee is great to deal with and makes a heck of a brush. Imho, these are worth ~100-125 retail, and would still be a fantastic brush.:thumbup:Regards, Bradley I paid for all 3, but don't tell swmbo.:blush:

How does one go about getting one of these either from Lee or eBay? A search for "Morris Brush" on eBay came up empty.

Thanks

I think it's silvertip and the company calls it super.

For example Simpson, the make:

Pure badger
Best badger

and

Super badger, being the highest. So they call it super instead of silvertip.

Top Bottom