What's new

Where to Smoke Cigars

Cigar Smoking

• Occaisonally lets you smoke in the house (with all the windows open no doubt).

• Rarely lets you smoke in the house (with all the fans running no doubt).

• Never lets you smoke in the house...Point Blank Period.

• No problem...because you have your Den / Man Cave.

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Fellow Cigar Smokers:
I have a question to pose to you. Does your significant other let you (regardless of the weather);

Christopher :c2:

Last edited:

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I have a finished walk-in attic that in the winter I smoke a pipe in, but not cigars. I did that once and it smelled like crap for a month.

The back porch of my house is enclosed and screened. I smoke out there. In the summer I use the ceiling fan, and in the winter I use a portable propane heater. Of coarse there is patio funiture out there as well as ashtrays.

I love cigars and cigar smoking, but even if my wife had no problem with me smoking in the house, I just wouldn't. Someone else can smoke in there own house, I don't want it in mine.

DL

Before we replaced the mini-blinds with new curtains I smoked in the house, But now its outside and its cold!!!:001_rolle

I smoke my pipe wherever I like but my wife asked that I don't smoke cigars in the house and considering her tolerance of my pipe I am happy to oblige. There is an awesome man room in the works though where cigars will be welcome and I'll likely do all smoking there as well.

I don't currently have a SO so I did not vote. However, I smoke an occasional cigar out on my patio. BTW, who really wants the smell of stale cigar smoke in their house anyway.

Thanks,
Mike

I put an outside room (a fancy verandah) on the side of the house a couple of years ago. It's got a couch, a coffee table and a couple of arm chairs so it's pretty civilised. I always go and smoke out there. It doesn't get freezing cold in Melbourne so I can use it pretty happily about 9 months of the year.

In my truck on the way to and from work.

+1 except it's in the 18-wheeler, so whi;e I'm AT work.

BTW, who really wants the smell of stale cigar smoke in their house anyway.

Same here. I won't smoke in the house because the aroma becomes an odor and I wouldn't like it myself.

I usually go down to the local cigar shop...they have a nice smoke room

I'd do that, except the nearest cigar show is a hundred miles away! I get to shop there about once a month.

Well being single I can smoke in my house whenever I feel like it.

On another note, I tend to stop or cut back on my cigar smoking in the winter months.

During the cold weather months I've found smoking cigars just don't taste as good compared to the warmer seasons.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Wow...cigar smokers...it seems that either willfully or not...cigar smoking is not done in the house. Just think what all the residences of Winston and Clementine Churchill must have smelled like??? :ihih:

On the other hand, My Mrs. (bless her), lets me smoke in the house (regardless of weather and yes...I do open a few windows to let in the breeze), because not only does she likes the aroma of cigar smoke, it reminds her (and my too), of times (nostalgia), past, (no need to lock doors / windows, dinner was always served at 7:00pm, school sock-hop dances, stick-ball and playing ice hockey goalie in leather pads and sponge rubber protection, sitting on the porch ect.... OMG I'll stop now :001_rolle), and our houses smelled of Cuban cigar smoke when our Fathers came home from work, our mother's Chanel & Estee Lauder perfume and fresh flowers from the garden.

But don't let me get too far...during Summer, Spring and Fall; I do take it upon myself to smoke on the porch, on the patio in back, taking a walk with the Mrs. or at my favorite sports bar.

Christopher
proxy.php

Last edited:
I'm partial to the backyard by the firepit-gotta take advantage of the only good thing about southern Kalifornia- the weather!!

I smoke outside out of courtesy to SWMBO. Since it is too cold I am holding off smoking until the temps warm up, or if I travel to a warmer place.

The back porch of my house is enclosed and screened. I smoke out there. In the summer I use the ceiling fan, and in the winter I use a portable propane heater. Of coarse there is patio funiture out there as well as ashtrays.

I love cigars and cigar smoking, but even if my wife had no problem with me smoking in the house, I just wouldn't. Someone else can smoke in there own house, I don't want it in mine.

DL

Ditto... :thumbup1:

I enjoy my smokes in self-imposed exile in my "Cigarage" Lounge. Old leather chair. Electric IR heater. Laptop. Life is good.

Top Bottom