What's new

Meet the 620 Twins!

Got them today!

They sure are pretty.

Can't wait to try them out using Omega shave cream.

My first impressions of the 620:

Small in size
Well built handle (I like acrylic handles)
Metal ring
Plenty of backbone as in I doubt any floppiness

After reading the comments and reviews about the 620 I decided that getting two would be a good idea.

The general view of the 620 is it's prickly and takes time to break in.

With two I can rotate them as in drying (48 hours) and breaking in (using only Omega shave cream puck) the boar hairs in a timely manner.

As a face lather-er I'm coming to the opinion that boar brushes are just better for me.

With all the great opinions about the 620 I thought I give it the full treatment.

"In case I want to read it more than once"

Steve Martin, My Blue Heaven

Kidding aside, good luck and enjoy the 620s. Great brushes!

With two I can rotate them as in drying (48 hours) and breaking in (using only Omega shave cream puck) the boar hairs in a timely manner.

:001_huh: 2 will just take twice as long to break in, taking longer isn't going to do it any better. I did nothing but use mine everyday until it softened up. It's a small brush with not much density - it's not going to take 48hrs to fully dry.

As for prickly, when my face is feeling a bit battered, the 620 still has some prickle. The tips don't spilt very easily, if at all. Mine doesn't split like my other Semogues. Of the relatively few hairs that spilt, they do so in a "V", with the others, the V's tips bend back on themselves. This may be a feature of the bristle and account for the scritch and prickle; it is Sem's lowest grade.

My SOC, 1305, and 1460 all split in 2 weeks or less, depending on the brush. Again, all used daily till they conformed to my will (which was 24hrs before I was ready to take a hammer to them, and write hate poems).

Last edited:
They both look awesome David, and I'm sure you'll be happy with them! I'll have to order one as well one of these days. :001_cool:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Anyone ever try the "lather on a lego" trick to soften up a boar? I have one on my wish list and will try myself once I finally stop bidding on ebay and buying TGN knots to free up some cash.

I think you will like those brushes a lot. I liked mine right up until my kid took it out of my shave cave and replaced it with his Omega pro :blink: He said it wasn't as floppy and the tips were much softer.

They look great. I'm looking at one of these for my next brush purchase (after swmbo calms down over the last one). Love the clear acrylic handle.

After reading the comments and reviews about the 620 I decided that getting two would be a good idea.

The general view of the 620 is it's prickly and takes time to break in.

As a face lather-er I'm coming to the opinion that boar brushes are just better for me.

With all the great opinions about the 620 I thought I give it the full treatment.

Why is it better to let the brush dry before reusing it?
I love also my 620:001_wub:

Regards

Tam

Hello, my name is Mike and I'm a boaraholic.

I currently have 6 boars with two more on order. I have a Semogue 620 and 1470. Both are short and scrubby even though the tips soften up nicely. Great brushes. What I really like about boars is their price. They are inexpensive enough that you can get a variety of them and play around. Have patience with your 620 and you will be rewarded.

Why is it better to let the brush dry before reusing it?
I love also my 620:001_wub:

Regards

Tam

Well I knew that breaking in this brush is a LOOOOOONG long process .....but now after months I have just some splitted hairs....
I believe that s it ....

Tam

Nice brushes.

I have one for like a year now and it is still going strong.
Getting better every day actually.

I wonder if you in time would see differences in the two brushes.
That would be interesting to know!

Top Bottom